Request How Do I...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Set a pack to always use a specified amount of ram when using the twitch/curse launcher? When I open the launcher, click launch settings, click the pack, and change the ram allocation to X and launch the game, it is fine. The problem is next time I log in I have to change the allocation again.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
is the client crashing before you actually exit the game properly? It could be reverting.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
As a general rule, it is not crashing. I have also confirmed that I am actually clicking the save button after editing the java argument. (I think that is what the string is called)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
My only recommendation is to go in, make the changes, exit the client completely (right click and hit exit twitch) then go back in and see if it's saved.

I run Beyond, plus about another 11 mods, plus optifine and replaymod, so I'm crashing pretty regularly, and because of those crashes, if I don't exit out and restart it every time I make changes, they just never save. This is a little bit different from the twitch client, but I've had it happen there, too.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Set a pack to always use a specified amount of ram when using the twitch/curse launcher? When I open the launcher, click launch settings, click the pack, and change the ram allocation to X and launch the game, it is fine. The problem is next time I log in I have to change the allocation again.
hit the cog in bottom left of the twitch client and it can be set in the minecraft tab just try keep it within the recommended limits

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The twitch/curse client will override the launcher settings everytime. The best you can do is to use the gear icon and set them in the minecraft area there. NOTE: you can do custom ones for a specific pack by using the ... icon in the upper right of the pack window and selecting the profile options then uncheck the "Use System Setting".

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You have to unlock the profile before changing or it will revert to the default setting every time.