How do I troubleshoot FTB Monster lag spikes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure it's not anything new to report lagging in FTB modpack, but I'm having issues with my custom FTB Monster modpack lagging for almost no reason. I had downloaded FTB Monster the normal way and added some other mods of my own that I wanted to try out to it.

The following mods I have added are:
Hydralicraft
Extra Cells
Dartcraft
Morph
Witchery
Advanced Thaumaturgy
IC2 Nuclear Control
Ars Magicka 2
Soul Shards
Thaumic Exploration
Player Beacons
and Tropicraft

At first, the game I have generated in survival would launch and run as normally, but then the framerate will go down to as low as 4 fps at random intervals after 1 minute of play. My game isn't crashing, but it renders my game nearly unplayable. I have discovered some strange quirks that would bring the framerate back up to playable levels such as looking straight up or down or walking through a desert biome, but as soon as I make my character look straight ahead, it goes right back down to 12 fps or lower. When my frames started dropping, I noticed in the chat that there was a message saying "-FIX: !!Routing thread eating all up of CPU!!."

Anyone know how I can fix this? Some feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

psp

Jul 29, 2019
You should use opis to see if there is any specific entity causing huge lag.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
First run the ftb launcher, when it comes up click on the monster pack, Don't launch it but click on the "edit mod pack" then find the mod on the disabled section that says opis (something) and enable it.
I don't really no all the commands but that is how you can get it.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to mention I'm running an SSP survival game and the lag spikes are completely random instead of constant.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Update your project red stuff to 4.3.5(I think. Whatever the latest stuff is. Previous versions had extreme CPU and mem leaks. Surprised Monster hasn't updated for that yet, though the new versions are fairly recent.)

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Update your project red stuff to 4.3.5(I think. Whatever the latest stuff is. Previous versions had extreme CPU and mem leaks. Surprised Monster hasn't updated for that yet, though the new versions are fairly recent.)
I did exactly as you said and updated all of Project: Red to the latest version. I have to say it has definitely improved my game a lot. I am still getting lag spikes, but it is not as severe as without the update. If you have any idea on how I can further reduce the lag, please tell me. That would be great! Cheers!