How do I Make a Wither Skeleton Spawner EXP farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheHoblit

Jul 29, 2019
I have a wither skeleton spawner with soulshards and I am wondering how to make a spawn trap in the nether for it
Any ideas/schematics?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Spawning them in the air and killing them with fall damage seems to work. Just collect their drops with Obsidian Pipes (more effective if powered) or Redpower... whichever machine collects things like the Obsidian Pipe does. Hungry Chests can work as well, but this isn't the best scenario to put them to use.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, right, Exp... Give them a single block area(s) to spawn/fall, almost kill them with fall damage, and either use a melee Turtle or wait for Thaumcraft's Combat Golems to auto-kill them, and use a Brain in a Jar to collect and store the exp for you until you come to collect it.

Graeme97

Jul 29, 2019
Use melee turtles and embarking tracks. Suck the witthers into carts and the turtles kill them, and then pump the items out of the turtle.

Magnus

Jul 29, 2019
The key points for an normal xp farm is gathering the mobs to a single spot and also taking them down to low health for easy killing.
For one way to funnel them together you can check youtube for Etho's blaze spawner trap and his piston system, for the damaging part either a drop trap or a crusher system is usually the way to go.

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
  • get a soulshard with skeleton souls
  • flood them to a central point
  • of there is X meter fall

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I just did tests with that yesterday. Splash Healing potions thrown from a RP Deployer will yield both skulls and XP. (I haven't tested vanilla dispenser, try it if you don't have RP.) You can make healing potions automatically. For glistering melons, use either a Zombie Pigman farm, bees, or just throw in gold manually. Pipe the potions to a dispenser, and activate it on a timer. Drop the skeletons from high enough that they're one-hit kills. As was already said, collect drops with Transposers or Obsidian Pipes, and XP with a magical device.

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
I just did tests with that yesterday. Splash Healing potions thrown from a RP Deployer will yield both skulls and XP. (I haven't tested vanilla dispenser, try it if you don't have RP.) You can make healing potions automatically. For glistering melons, use either a Zombie Pigman farm, bees, or just throw in gold manually. Pipe the potions to a dispenser, and activate it on a timer. Drop the skeletons from high enough that they're one-hit kills. As was already said, collect drops with Transposers or Obsidian Pipes, and XP with a magical device.

pretty good idea
wonder if you get more Loot via deployer if you hold a looting sword.