How do I grant my players permission to teleport to waypoints WITHOUT being opped?

sock

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that if I could find the mod in the folder I could tweak it, but I have no idea what I'm doing :C

Me and my pals are all used to the luxury of having teleport commands, but if I op them all, they'll just use their powers to flood eachother's houses with lava. Am I even able to edit the permissions anywhere?

Reactions: Gun_Shy

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
...if I op them all, they'll just use their powers to flood eachother's houses with lava.

I'm sorry, but I find that so funny.

Actually, I'm not sorry.

Anyway, I don't know how to mess with the permissions on your server, but if you dig around and still absolutely can't find a foothold in figuring that out, and if you are running the Xeno's Reliquary mod, you can experiment with Wraith Nodes/Eyes. It's still not nearly as convenient as a command, and they are resource intensive. Like, a ridiculous number of ghast tears, and some emerald blocks. Plus, each time you teleport, it consumes an ender pearl from your inventory. I just thought I would voice that as a last resort. Plus, the increased demand for ender pearls will stimulate any economy you might have, and you could even do things like...provide a free Wraith Node and a free Wraith Eye to any player who donates to your server...so there's a plus.

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
Make a void age or Nether nexus with Mystcraft books to the locations. Give everyone a following Mystcraft book to the nexus. Need to cheat in the link modifier to get them following.

That would be an easier way, I imagine, but BE VERY CAREFUL! Mystcraft can corrupt your world! If you wanna start messing with Mystcraft, you better make backups constantly. This is not just speculation either. It happened on my friend's server that I play on. And I've seen posts from other people around the interwebs that say Mystcraft can smoosh a world.

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that if I could find the mod in the folder I could tweak it, but I have no idea what I'm doing :C

Me and my pals are all used to the luxury of having teleport commands, but if I op them all, they'll just use their powers to flood eachother's houses with lava. Am I even able to edit the permissions anywhere?

they don't need teleportation just tell them to use mystcraft linking books.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It's not possible to do on a stock standard server. You would need to get a server side teleportation plugin that uses a permissions hirarchy (like Bukkitessentials) that allows them to /TP locaton and get Voxelmap to integrate with it.

I think the Voxelmap waypoint warp uses vanilla TP methods. Which would explain why you would need to be OP to use it.

sock

Jul 29, 2019
It's not possible to do on a stock standard server. You would need to get a server side teleportation plugin that uses a permissions hirarchy (like Bukkitessentials) that allows them to /TP locaton and get Voxelmap to integrate with it.

I think the Voxelmap waypoint warp uses vanilla TP methods. Which would explain why you would need to be OP to use it.
most of the tp/permission mods require bukkit to install.
do you know of any mods that can be installed on a regular server?

tra95

Jul 29, 2019
A little crazy, but you could write a python wrapper and interpret messages in chat such as "!tp spawn" to teleport the player from the console with "tp <player> <x> <y> <z>".

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
That would be an easier way, I imagine, but BE VERY CAREFUL! Mystcraft can corrupt your world! If you wanna start messing with Mystcraft, you better make backups constantly. This is not just speculation either. It happened on my friend's server that I play on. And I've seen posts from other people around the interwebs that say Mystcraft can smoosh a world.

If you are talking about corruption that Mystcraft makes there is a command that OPs can use to disable it from any world that is made.

Back ups are good no matter what you are doing. Even if you haven't done anything on it for 2 weeks still backup.

Reactions: Gun_Shy

knight2109

Jul 29, 2019
most of the tp/permission mods require bukkit to install.
do you know of any mods that can be installed on a regular server?

Fihgus is a vanilla mod, you will need to install it, personally I' moved away from it to MCPC+ for plugins. Also this should be in the server admin section.

Fihgus - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1484373-146147smpfihgus-command-mods-for-vanilla-server/
MCPC+ - http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Mods_and_Plugins_for_1.4.7

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
forgeEssentials has a permissions module and a /tp command packaged with alot of other useful commands that you can set up permissions for your user groups.

Set up a users group, and add commands that you see fit. Have one of your users help you test everything to get it all working just swimmingly, sometimes it can take time to sort through it all. I believe the permissions and such can all be set up in game, so it can be done without 1000 reboots.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ionality-for-your-forge-server/#entry20533111