How do feed a hungry node?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I've found just converting the area around a hungry node into a safe work environment easier then trying to move a hungry node. Now that I have the ability to feed a node, how do I do it? I throw in about 20 charcoals and nothing happens other than the charcoal disappearing... I have the node partially surrounded by obby. Anybody done this before?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Well they will die which is fine and all... but I kinda want some vis out of it... that's what I'm having trouble with...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
just chuck in the aspects you want and i think they get added to the max vis value of the node I think.

It takes a while for the node to regenerate to its' new max value after though.

And you should still chuck villagers in, i'm sure they have some value.

Reactions: Dezz

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
fuck... you just can't feed a node to whatever you want. it caps itself... that sucks balls. yay I have a hunger node that will go only up to 17 for any aspect . :/

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
fuck... you just can't feed a node to whatever you want. it caps itself... that sucks balls. yay I have a hunger node that will go only up to 17 for any aspect . :/
I haven't played with them, but wouldn't the wand charger w/ upgrade be able to help? For example: capped at 17 terra, but with saxom (or whatever is in stone) you have another 17.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I do so want a hungry node in my base now.

What, so the per aspect cap goes down as the total number of aspects goes up?

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019

If the node is generated with an aspect with maximum of 17, all the new or added aspects will be capped at 17 too.
I got this one near my place, no matter how much I fed it, 47 is the max on each aspect.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
<<<<<<< completely jelly
And ate me twice ;), before I went into creative, to fix the mess it made of the surrounding area (with my bucket of water).

The best purpose I had for it, was to get rid of the neigh unkillable infernal mobs.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I do so want a hungry node in my base now.

No, just that each node has a hard limit on the number of aspects, so if you're really lucky you can find a hungry node with 90 of each aspect inside of it, meaning that anything you feed it will regenerate up to 90

But if you're unlucky, it will be capped at 17 as a poor poster stated, and everything you add will only regenerate up to 17