how did you found feed the beasts

cartofu1

Jul 29, 2019
yeah!!! how did you get in modding!! did you just search on web for ic2 or redpower
or did you fiind wiht a lot of luck perssons like direwolf,slowpoke,odedex,etc.
i saw first time a direwolf20 tutorial and then i saw that he have an let's play when i saw that i wanted more
and i viewed a ftb challenge map dw vs nerby
and this is how i found the ftb modpack and so on (it was at the start of 2012) and ftb map

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Please dont flood the Forums with too many topics. Those in a row are okay but dont try to create so many. Thanks.

And awesome dw20 taught me modding :) but very early. One of the first vids.

LegitNeek

Jul 29, 2019
I found Feed The Beast when I watched Direwolf20 and NearbyGamer's vs. match of the original map. I was hooked and after reading more into the mod pack I had a new home. I love the community and the mod devs and the "higher ups" of the pack team are just so approachable and friendly. I have even had the honor of having a few of them join my server, I'm still reeling at a few of the names I have had grace my world :hello:

NickIsTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I found it while searching for a mod pack with forestry, and I stumbled apron it In a ask post. It is a little gem that I found.

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
i have pahimar to thank for it, i was looking up full metal alchemist episodes and i found his minecraft forums post, it took me a while but i finally figured out how to install it into my jar file (thanks to forkk its a 3 minute process now) and the rest is history.

D

Deleted member 188

I found the URL on the back of a box of Nintendo Cereal system back in 1988. I didn't know what I had at the time but finally one day I put it into Google and sure enough there was a Minecraft video like the 7 or 8th thing down the list!

Either that or just randomly on youtube trying to figure out how to use Red Power, I found some helpful tutorial videos that I still try to watch today. Direwolf20's I think.

Anyway back to Doctor Who, I want to know what's up with the pyramids on Mars. Robot Mummies just stormed into the hunting lodge....at least I think that's what it is.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think FTB would have ever been this popular if it wasn't for DW20 and Nearby showcasing the first map.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
RampantPanda65 said:
I don't think FTB would have ever been this popular if it wasn't for DW20 and Nearby showcasing the first map.

Thats for sure :) it did lay the First stone :)

Metroflame669

Jul 29, 2019
I got into to modding by hearing bout a mod called Industrial Craft. I downloaded it and had no idea how to do anything. So i stumbled upon Direwolf20. I think that's about all i have to say.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
i use to watch monkeyfarm's and docm77's vid's for tutorials and they started a new series, which bough me to use mods for the first time. Since FTB was not up to 1.3.2 i started to install IC², BC and forestry myself. then i realized the need for nuclear control and transformers mod :)

Aeatherlas

Jul 29, 2019
I stumbled upon FTB while watching DW20's vids. needless to say I wanted to know more about the pack. when I saw the latest lineup of mods, I cannot wait to play it!!

bluechance12

Jul 29, 2019
It's been awhile, but I believe I found it over the forums close to when it was first released. Ever since then, I've been hooked!

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I was told by my eldest son to google yagcast/yogpod he said there worth a look up, & yep being a big child at heart I fell in love with there brand of humor, lets face it there not really tec type guys more of a fun place to waste 30 minutes a day, well thats how i found MC, as to mods its was more or a case of getting very bored with vanilla very fast, & after noticing the mods/textures the yogcast had in some of there vids I went looking & found tekkit/teknic (its seemed to fill the novice users needs), this I used for a bit until forestry was removed, seeing as I was still new & learning I wanted it back so researched some on google & found out why it was removed, while researching I found a lot of DW posts & vids that lead me here.

thats about as precise & short as I can make the reply :p, plz dont rant over the modpack named above thats all covered in another topic, in short now I am more informed I chose to respect the mod authors/maintainers by using my own packs made with multiMC, & or mod packs thats are supported by said author/maintainers.

/removes hat.

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
I found FTB by following DireWolf 20. When he did the map vs. nearbygamer, i got introduced to the FTB map and followed its development since then :D

Djinni

Jul 29, 2019
Found it from watching the MonkeyFarm vids on Youtube.
Although a friend of mine introduced me to Tekkit very early on in my "minecraft life", so trying to follow monkeyfarm playing vanilla while I was on Tekkit was a bit of a pain. When he started doing the current Modded Minecraft series, I had to follow :)

That and I've always wondered if there was something better.

aanthony3

Jul 29, 2019
I also first found out about FTB through DW20 and Nearby's video's of FTB and I've followed the development ever since! I was sooo happy when I found out FTB would be releasing a legal mod pack :D