How can I make my magma crucible set-up more efficient and better? (Pictures included)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zenhic

Jul 29, 2019
3ahQmz5.png

FaaNLPL.png

I have four magma crucibles being powered by 7 magmatic engines each (Max Mj/t for magma crucible is 30 and each magmatic engine provides 4 Mj/t). On the bottom of each magma crucible, I have thermal generators hooked up. As of now I'm outputting 96 Eu/t. Is there any way to make this set-up more efficient/better? Should I just add more crucibles/thermal generators? Should I move on from lava now to another form of energy? I do have the resources for a nuclear reactor, but I believe GregTech has something better known as a fusion reactor. I don't know how to go about that so I've resorted to expanding my current set-up. Any thoughts are welcome.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
What are you looking to do?

Are you using netherack for that? If you do use netherack you should be able to run more thermals. Not sure how much goes back into the engines. Without the engines you could run 3 per crucible, but with it... maybe 2 per.

When people talk about using lava for EU they usually pump it from nether pools. Making it yourself using MJs is not very fast.

Fusion is a long way off. Nuclear reactors are fun though... would recommend exploring that.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal generators are kinda... meh for long term, and this looks like a long-term setup.

The only time I ever see people using magma crucibles to power a thermal generator is when they're converting MJ to EU, and there are much better ways to do that now.

I'm sure there are ways to expand on the efficiency of this set up, but you're giving yourself waaaaay more work than you really need to.