How best to get Ender Pearls in 1.6 ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Breon

Jul 29, 2019
If you have BoP installed, find an Ominous Woods biome - you'll be swimming in ender pearls and string in no time.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Install EnderOre from the Big Dig technic pack.
That may certainly be a valid option to some people. This mod though is not updated to 1.6 from a cursory search. Also such a single purpose mod can be considered, as politely as I can state, uncreative. It provides a handout more than solving a problem. There's no room to be creative or build a system. There's really no challenge other than finding ore and a simple crafting to get ender pearls. Even EE3 offers more depth than that (I like EE3, but i make dyes more than anything).

I'm not one for overly complex mods, but even to me this seems cheaty.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I have always used fairly vanilla tactics for my enderpearls. the bottleneck is usually their somewhat low spawnrate. on the upside. they are easy to reel in... a desert is a ready made spawn platform, but it needs to be large enough that you can run around the edges, and constantly generate new spawns to be effective. unfortunately, in 1.6 that also means effective at gaining you a very sizeable following of the hungering horde of the undead... :eek:

edit: spelling, you know. desert dessert. one is sandy the other is delicious.... :oops:

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
BoP quicksand can be your friend in nighttime desert hunts. I may or may not have trapped a dozen zombies, clad in various mekanism armor, in a carefully placed 2 block deep death trap.....

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
BoP quicksand can be your friend in nighttime desert hunts. I may or may not have trapped a dozen zombies, clad in various mekanism armor, in a carefully placed 2 block deep death trap.....

I've found a 2x2 pit lined with IC2 scaffolding as a fine way to trap zombies as well. just have to punch them when they are next to the edge. easy as pie. they can't climb out again, so we can let the sun burn them to a crisp. have to kill the ones with helmets by hand, but that is not a big deal really. makes it easier to collect their Drops as well. the only annoyance, is that they prevent other mobs from spawning when the pit is full... but hey. having a pit with over 30 zombies is usually bound to net at least a couple of pieces of armor.
if one has the time and inclination. just make it a deep mine shaft. that get's them out of the way instantly

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently having this issue of not finding ender pearls. There is a mod in horizons which adds a recipe for ender pearls. It is 2 mob heads for 8 ender pearls. I want to add it to the dw20 modpack, but I don't know what mod it is. I have the question posted in the horizons forum. I think this would be a viable solution for you as well, since mob heads are random and not too cheaty. I still have trouble getting them sometimes with a cleaver which has beheading as a special ability. If someone answer's my question on the other forum I will post it here for you.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I didn´t got that much of a problem with them. Just make sure to explore the world and some dungeons. Lilly Sed´s are not that rare drop in chests as I thoguht they was and once you got end stone from a Forgotten Hive, you can grow them. About 2,3 Hours grwoing cycle. Not OP but still enought to or make a MFR auto Spawner ASAP or go to the END.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
No enderlilies in your pack?
uJNKo0R.jpg

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you're making a mob trap, you can fill the bottom with hoppers and they'll pass to other hoppers, and finally to a chest.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get 4 pearls, you've got all you need for the rest of your life. Build a reuseable safari net. Capture enderman (or ender tot), put in mob spawner, and set up whatever trap you'd like (conveyor belt on to spikes with a vacuum hopper nearby is my current favorite for lolz). *Yes, this requires a ghast tear as well, so might not be the easiest if you've got issues getting to the nether.

(Yes, the first four suck, but honestly, once you get them, you really are done.)

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
ok, i found out what mod it is, put in Ganny's End, and it will give you the recipe for 2 mob heads = 8 ender pearls. I think this is a nice balanced recipe and gives you a reason to make the cleaver with Tinker's construct, or add beheading to one of your other tools/weapons.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I was caving tonight and heard those noises that the Endermen make.. dug through a wall and bam! Two Endermen right there, the sword of Zephir finished them off and TWO ENDER PEARLS! Sweet! I now have four!

Happy days!

Now.. just need to find and trap myself an Enderman!

Lykeuhfox

Jul 29, 2019
I was planning on getting the Magic Crop Ender seeds to generate a few, and then go to 'The End'.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Soul shards 2 works very well. You will need to find 4 spawners and 1 enderman, but you are set then

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hahaha! Got one!

After so much work, one of them finally popped into a new room under my base (must have been topside when the sun came up and he teleported underground). I could hear that weird warbling noise (Sometimes they wander around outside) but I couldn't believe my luck when I went and found him 'inside' my base!

I grabbed my re-usable safari net and launcher and jumped into capture him, only to get thumped (I then learned I had to put safari net launcher into 'capture' mode by shift right-clicking).

So i came back and captured him!

When i get home tonight, going to make myself a mob spawner and grind up some Endermen!

:)2014-01-26_11.31.40.png2014-01-26_11.34.29.png