How AUTO-MATED Can late game scenarios get?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

99.99%derpy

Jul 29, 2019
So i know That A lot of times people have bases where EVERYTHING is auto-mated so what was the most Auto-mated base you made?Like how many things can you auto-craft how many barrels can you constantly stock up full,Or how many innocent villagers you fed into a smeltry for the evil purpose of making a Emeralds.

Please post your thoughts on How Auto-mated Your bases can get!;)

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Everything that I possibly can pretty much. That is the main goal of the game for me besides building stuff that I think looks good.

Although there are a few things I swear at doing manually, like breading bees. Could probably be automated with apiarists pipes or skipped entirely with gendustry. But I like to actually do the manual choosing of which hybrid drone with which hybrid princess that will make for the best chance for the bee I want.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Gendustry really makes bee breeding simple. You just choose what breed you want and get a perfect queen. I don't know if the Advanced Mutatron plays well with automation. I suppose you could use a regular Mutatron and Apiarist Pipes to filter out the queens you aren't looking for.

I know Direwolf automated bee breeding with Computer Craft and some rednet cables. It was a pretty cool little system.

I'm kind of curious to see how much building can be automated. Other than the Filler (and hopefully the revamped Builder in 1.7), it seems like the only options are cubes. The Open Blocks Building Guide is fantastic for manually making different shapes, but I'd love an advanced version that could place blocks. Other than turtles, I don't really know what else could be used, and they're a little too complicated for most projects.

99.99%derpy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah things like BEES Are funner to do with your bare hands then with some giant machines with tubes and stuff!;)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Bread is just solid fluffy beer anyway.
I love the way raw dough smells. It makes me want a beer because I am weak and suggestible.

All this talk of beer, bread and butter reminds me of a time I was in France where I was exercising my poor French. Asking for beer I said "Je voudrais un beurre" and later I asked something like "peux j'avoir le pain por favor". Perhaps I had had too much "beurre".
[/random jaunt down memory lane]

I was really proud of some Blood magic automation I did the other week with Steve's Factory Manager and Computer craft. The SFM protocol can craft most of the common altar crafting jobs, including all of the slates and filled sockets. The current crafting job was selected via CC touchscreen (you could also enable feathered knife and regen rituals with the touch screen and manage the flow of blood between the altar and a buffer tank). It is the most novel and advanced automation I have done in a while.