Hotkey for placing items in the crafting grid?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mannen

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen in several Unleashed videos where people for i.e. when they're going to place the items to encode a pattern, they bring up the recipe from NEI then press some key to place the items in the crafting grid automatically, even without having the items in their inventory.

I'm wondering which button this is, or how and where I can configure it manually?

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
You shift-click the question mark to fill the crafting grid. The pattern encoder recipe without items is added by NEI Addons and works the same way (and is a bit cheaty, IMO)

Mannen

Jul 29, 2019
You shift-click the question mark to fill the crafting grid. The pattern encoder recipe without items is added by NEI Addons and works the same way (and is a bit cheaty, IMO)
Thank you so much! I've trying to figure this out forever... I agree, a bit cheaty but I like it as I love building and hate crafting pretty much haha :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Bah, now I learn.. I'm a bit obsessive and put everything I need crafted into the MAC. Filled over 11 pages in present build, all by hand manually putting in the patterns...

Mannen

Jul 29, 2019
Bah, now I learn.. I'm a bit obsessive and put everything I need crafted into the MAC. Filled over 11 pages in present build, all by hand manually putting in the patterns...
I've done exactly the same for 3 pages, and when I saw someone do the fast method I was really amazed, it saves soooooooooooooooo much time!