Hosting FTB Direwolf20 VIA Mineos on FREENAS

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
F

Fbmowner

Title:
Hosting FTB Direwolf20 VIA Mineos on FREENAS
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Direwolf20
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I am trying to run a FTB dw20 server on my freenas using mineos. After HOURS of searching I finally came across what seems to be the issue.. Once launching the server via the GUI it starts but just sits and sits and sits and cannot be stopped without using a kill command via shell console. In the screen shot you c an see java is somehow running out of ram.
22:08:34] [Server console handler/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: Caused by: java.lang.OutOfM
emoryError: PermGen space
I think it's running out of RAM because the process is going crazy doing something. I couldn't kill the process with 'kill PID' so it was hung, but a 'kill -9 PID' did work and the process showed as stopped in the MineOS webUI.

I think this is a bug somewhere between FreeBSD9 > java > FTBserver

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Increasing -XX:permSize to for example 256m in your start script should fix it.

F

Fbmowner

Increasing -XX:permSize to for example 256m in your start script should fix it.
It's set at 2048 when this happens. More than 6gb of RAM available when starting

Last edited:
F

Fbmowner

In addittion can anyone decode some of this? I am still trying to break down one of the many errors i see during startup

Attachments

• ored.png
    ored.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 47
F

Fbmowner

Some more

Attachments

• fdf.png
    fdf.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 37
  • mcshell.png
    mcshell.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 55
  • ored.png
    ored.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 44

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Screen shots don't cut it. Please pastebin the console log. Also you should upgraded to java 8. That will eliminate the need for permgen and java 8 has much better memory management.

F

Fbmowner

Sure. Thanks for the Java recommendation I'm not even sure how to update Java on the plugin that's running Minecraft for me Ill figure that out today and get a full console log for you

Last edited: