Hostile mobs won't spawn in the overworld

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

georgekate

Jul 29, 2019
As the title suggests, hostile mobs won't spawn in the night, anywhere in the overworld(I can't find any large pools of mobs anywhere I've looked). They only spawn in other dimensions or by spawners(both vanilla and soul shard ones). Neutral mobs like cows and squids spawn normally. Does anybody know what might be going wrong? I am playing the ultimate modpack.

server.proerties
#Minecraft server.properties
#Sun Aug 03 01:21:13 CEST 2014
spawn-protection=0
query.port=27965
generator-settings=
force-gamemode=false
allow-nether=true
gamemode=0
enable-query=true
player-idle-timeout=0
difficulty=2
spawn-monsters=true
op-permission-level=4
announce-player-achievements=true
pvp=false
snooper-enabled=true
level-type=DEFAULT
hardcore=false
enable-command-block=false
max-players=36
rcon.port=37965
server-port=27965
texture-pack=
server-ip=95.141.37.199
spawn-npcs=true
allow-flight=false
level-name=kosmos
view-distance=10
resource-pack=
spawn-animals=true
white-list=false
rcon.password=104ayqgDG7
generate-structures=true
online-mode=true
max-build-height=256
level-seed=
enable-rcon=false
motd=ja

[\spoiler]

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly, this is incorrect:
Neutral mobs like cows and squids spawn normally.
Cows and Squid are passive animals, neutral means they attack if provoked.

Secondly, can you at least find one hostile mob? It may just be that you're unlucky/lucky (depending how you look at it).

georgekate

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the correction. I Can't find just one mod, in a radius of 1000blocks. And neither can the second person playing on the server!

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
You might have hit the max mob count in the overworld. I suggest you use opis to see how many mobs of each type you have. Alternatively you can do /cofh killall to kill all hostile mobs. Let us know how many mobs it have killed.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
You might have hit the max mob count in the overworld. I suggest you use opis to see how many mobs of each type you have. Alternatively you can do /cofh killall to kill all hostile mobs. Let us know how many mobs it have killed.
Umm, how could he have possibly hit the max mob count if he can't find any, besides, they would despawn when he traveled too far away to go looking for new mobs that didn't spawn.

georgekate

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have set the difficulty to peaceful and then normal again, which would kill the mobs. Aside from that, I downloaded my world from the remote server in order to run it locally, and mobs appear to be spawning. So I guess it's something with the other server files. I will investigate the issue further to test if it is caused by a config or something similar. In the meanwhile, any ideas about what file might have caused such a problem is appreciated.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, how could he have possibly hit the max mob count if he can't find any, besides, they would despawn when he traveled too far away to go looking for new mobs that didn't spawn.
Just because someone says they can't find any, does not mean there aren't any. You never had an insane amount of hecates (or how are they called?) pile up in one chunk? Using opis to count the mobs wasn't out of place, if you ask me, especially because other dimensions do not seem to have this issue.

Besides magnum torches everywhere, max mob count or peaceful mode, how many more reasons could you think of?

georgekate

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, the version of the world I had on my pc was too old, so I have to re-download it to make sure.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Just because someone says they can't find any, does not mean there aren't any. You never had an insane amount of hecates (or how are they called?) pile up in one chunk? Using opis to count the mobs wasn't out of place, if you ask me, especially because other dimensions do not seem to have this issue.

Besides magnum torches everywhere, max mob count or peaceful mode, how many more reasons could you think of?
You don't seem to have read my post properly, I'll make it simpler for you:
Thanks for the correction. I Can't find just one mod, in a radius of 1000blocks. And neither can the second person playing on the server!

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
they would should despawn when he traveled too far away
FTFY.

You cannot count on the game doing what it should. Many things can cause hostile mobs to not despawn even in vanilla zombies that pickup items will not despawn. It is very easy to then reach the mob cap and have little to no spawning around you.

OP, do you have: Lycanites Mobs, special mobs, or any other mods that add/change spawning mobs in the game?

georgekate

Jul 29, 2019
If it comes in the ultimate modpack, I use it. Otherwise, I don't.

Also, I donwloaded the new version of my world, and they won't spawn. So afterall it probably has to do with the world

Last edited: