Horseplay [1.6.x]. Tools for horses.

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Tools for horses. A mod for Minecraft Forge, mechanics inspired by Forestry.

Summary

Ever wondered why your character in modded Minecraft is able to build a holographic storage device, or a portal into another dimension, but is unable to create a saddle? Due to this strange ineptitude with leather, your character is left to rely on the off-chance that somebody left one lying around in a chest filled with zombies, or has one for sale at the local village.

Ever wondered how you can analyse the very genome of the bees, trees and butterflies in the air around you - but have no idea how fast your horse is?

Horseplay is here to help you answer these burning questions that you never had until you just read them then.

Key Features

• Adds a balanced crafting pipeline for the creation of the vanilla Minecraft saddle
  • Adds a sugar-powered tool to profile your horses and assist in horse breeding programs
  • Additional pipelines and features if Forestry is installed
  • Compatible with most automation mods
How to get a saddle

1. Find some leather
2. Build a Leather Tannery
3. Make some Sulfuric Acid (or some Forestry Juice)
4. Add the acid and leather to the tannery
5. Wait...
6. Build a Saddle!

Pictures

spoiler_1.png

Horse Profiler in action

spoiler_2.png

Leather Tannery with Sulfuric Acid (left) and juice (right)

spoiler_3.png

Automation compatibility

Download

Version 1.0.1; Minecraft 1.6.4:
https://github.com/doctorceph/horseplay/raw/master/resources/artifacts/drceph.horseplay.1.0.1.zip

Changelog
1.0.1: Fixed renderer crash on SMP

Documentation

Horseplay wiki:
https://github.com/doctorceph/horseplay/wiki[DOUBLEPOST=1390968467][/DOUBLEPOST]reserved

Last edited:

NotEnoughCoffee

Jul 29, 2019
Love it! simple and useful. Great work.
Any plans on adding more features? Horses need more uses!, power generation? farming?

Sent from my Radar C110e using Tapatalk

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
awesome to finally see a mod that takes on the horses like that
how about also changing the horse breeding requiring a gold apple/carrot to just a normal apple/carrot?
I always found it stupid in modded minecraft to spend gold on horses which have way too much RNG traits.

with that said, how about also taking on the RNG traits of horses and actually make a breeding system?
in the wild you'd only find certain breeds with the lower traits, if you breed certain breeds together, you can get a new breed with better stats.
your end goal is to reach the highest breed available with the best stats, which would be really high

you could also add some modded items to this mod. how about some sort of electric armor for horses which could make the horse's stats better, or even give them the option to attack mobs when you're mounted on them.
perhaps also some sort of jetpack so you can fly on your horse :p

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Mo's creature enables you to breed horses with genomes on them but I don't think its not as extensive as forestry

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Can you breed horses in minecraft, as in do they actually have a genome?
As Yusunoha stated, it's all RNG. Random Number Generation. Basically, no, you cant breed horses for genetic traits. All you really can do is make horse produce another random horse.

The horse breeding is stupid because they've introduced animals that have traits and gated their reproduction with gold. Any logical gamer would infer from these things that passing on traits was also part of the game. It is not and it's a reason horses are more novelty than an actual addition to game play.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to se a cart/wagon hitch for horses & donkeys... Hauling a wagon load of wood/ore/other animals/whatever from place to place would be really nifty, IMO. For that matter, an ox cart (with cows) and a dog sled would be fun too.

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Any plans on adding more features? Horses need more uses!, power generation? farming?
I like Esheon's idea about a wagon hitch, that would be cool! I've not planned specifically on features, as a way of viewing stats and making saddles was my primary aim. My focus was on making the saddle creation process sufficiently complex given their relative rareness in vanilla.

Seeing everyones' comments about breeding make me think that something useful could be done there. I quite like the Mo'creatures implementation, but I don't like all of the other creatures - I think they are an awesome achievement, it just isn't for me.

As Yusunoha stated, it's all RNG. Random Number Generation. Basically, no, you cant breed horses for genetic traits. All you really can do is make horse produce another random horse.
Yup, it sucks.

In terms of the stats (jump, speed, etc) it is slightly weighted, in that the new horse's stats are decided by an average of the two parents' stats and a randomly generated third set of stats. Breeding two horses with high stats will narrow the effective range of variability, but it is still essentially a random process - the Horse Profiler can help you identify horses that at least exhibit high stats in the areas of interest to help narrow the variability. It is still pretty clumsy though. IIRC, appearance IS indeed completely random.

Electric armour would be neat!