Horizons Pack v1.0.6 Jump/Mouse Button 3 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Riker

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm having an issue with Horizon v1.0.6, if I change the bindings for Jump to Mouse Button 2, which is what I need, before creating a world, I get "Loading World" then "Shutting Down Internal Server". If I restore the key configs to the defaults, then I am able to create a world, but if I then try to change the Jump binding to Mouse 2, Minecraft crashes and then behaves similar to the former example.

Not sure if there is a work-around, or if I need to wait for a new release of the pack.

Finally, big thanks to all of the team for their work on the launcher, and the mod-packs.

FTB Launcher version: 1.2.9
Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
Java version: 1.7.0_45-b18

PS: Screwed up and mis-titled this as Mouse button 3, when I meant 2, the right mouse button.

Attachments

• crash-2013-12-08_20.14.31-client.txt
    38.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, don't worry if it takes me a little while. I'll start and ponder this one for a bit (I've never seen this exact issue before. I'm a nerd, it fascinates me)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I've confirmed this crash.
In 1.0.6 Horizons, remapping Jump to Button 2, switching Jump and Use Item (Space and Button 2) also caused a crash.
However, I'm using the same Forge version for a 1.6.4 pack I made and am using in the vanilla launcher. Remapping didn't crash in a vanilla or a modded world in that case.

This issue is due to the key mapping within this modpack specifically.

Hank Riker

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, I've never had an issue rebinding Mouse2 to Jump in any other Vanilla or Modded Minecraft pack.
Thank you for investigating it, I look forward to the fix.
As I use the arrow keys for movement, it's very tricky using anything other than the right mouse for Jump. Heh.

Thanks again.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, I've never had an issue rebinding Mouse2 to Jump in any other Vanilla or Modded Minecraft pack.
Thank you for investigating it, I look forward to the fix.
As I use the arrow keys for movement, it's very tricky using anything other than the right mouse for Jump. Heh.

Thanks again.
Thankfully, there's only 100 mods so it won't be that hard to figure out ;)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I remapped Jump to Button 3 (and then made Pick Block button 2)
Same crash.

Will post updates as I uncover new things.
It might be the actual mapping to the action, but I doubt that.[DOUBLEPOST=1386560215][/DOUBLEPOST]No crashes with:
rebinding another action to an existing key (Forward to up arrow)
rebinding jump to a non used key (multiply)
rebinding jump to an existing key (w)

Crashing when binding Jump to Mouse buttons. (tested with buttons 1, 2, 3)

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I am guessing that Witchery hard codes something to the right mouse button and is checking right mouse button (button 2) instead of checking use item. Could you try this without Witchery installed?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I am guessing that Witchery hard codes something to the right mouse button and is checking right mouse button (button 2) instead of checking use item. Could you try this without Witchery installed?
It must be something attached to jump and mouse buttons.
Ash is confused

Can bind Jump to mouse buttons without Witchery

Hank Riker

Jul 29, 2019
Jadedcat: I had just started trying to narrow it down, and yes. You nailed it. Once I diabled Witchery, it loaded without crashing.

So, great! I can just leave that off for now, and enjoy the rest of the mods!

Thanks!

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Ok then he's probably hardcoding it to Button 2 instead of "use Item" we'll let him know.

Emoniph

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe we both posted..and Eyamaz is contacting him. Poor dev.
Hey, fixing bugs is half the fun of coding... :)

Witchery is using the correct keyboard mappings, it's just that it seems the "keycode" returned does not correspond to something the java API can always work with. Seems -ve values mean mouse and +ve keyboard, *sigh*. Now I know this I can fix it.

Expect a patch later today.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, fixing bugs is half the fun of coding... :)

Witchery is using the correct keyboard mappings, it's just that it seems the "keycode" returned does not correspond to something the java API can always work with. Seems -ve values mean mouse and +ve keyboard, *sigh*. Now I know this I can fix it.

Expect a patch later today.

Oh well in that case...prepare for more fun :p

Little_Treve

Jul 29, 2019
i have had a similar but different problem, i like to have my inventory key set as 'f' but however when i change this in the setting it simply doesn't work… any help?

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
Make a new thread. And put a pastebin log on that thread. And walk us through the exact steps you did in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.