Horizons not starting (new error)

Xris

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Half solved
Aloha like many I have an error with the new system though I do not see anyone that has this error. I installed a fresh copy of the launcher (deleting all old information) then it downloads the mod pack with out error unpacks it but then stops there. I have tried this 3 times without any change.

As you see it gets stuck at (unless it takes over 15 minutes to do what used to take seconds.)

"[11:38:28] [INFO] ModManager.cleanUp:308: debug: retaining modpack file: C:\Users\xris\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\Horizons\Horizons.zip"

http://pastebin.com/k8eY2UTF

Last edited:

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
Right, many people have complained. 'Have patience young padawan, the modpack will download in it's own time'. Basically, it has to download all the 1.6.4 resources which takes a lot longer than downloading the modpack, so give it some time, well, more time. If it takes longer than 2 hours, post another reply.

Xris

Jul 29, 2019
What? Two hours to download MC resources? I already downloaded all the mods and configs why does it take so long to download the rest? It never never took two hours just to download 20-30mgs.

I think that you did not read my post and just think I am complaining that my download is taking to long. If you read the issue you will see that it downloads the horizon.zip and extracts that just fine but it does NOT move to the next step...I think that is downloading the MC bin folder files.

Plus just to test I downloaded and installed 6 mod other mod packs in less then 15 minutes so why did you make it where people have to wait 2 hours to do the new pack?

EDIT: It just not moved to the next step this is odd because it took over an hour to go from one step to the next.

Last edited:

Xris

Jul 29, 2019
What? Two hours to download MC resources? I already downloaded all the mods and configs why does it take so long to download the rest? It never never took two hours just to download 20-30mgs.

EDIT: It just not moved to the next step this is odd because it took over an hour to go from one step to the next even though it was not downloading anything at the time. Once it got started again it finished installing in under 30 seconds that makes the download script pause like that?