Horizons: Daybreaker Released

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, could have sworn it was in Magic Farm 3.

Another animal mod is "Project Zulu" i would say thats a mod that few know about
Or "Oceancraft"
Mo' Creatures can be put into modpacks for Curse Voice only. That is because it doesn't actually distribute the mods and merely downloads them from Curse.

And for everyone complaining how mod "X" isn't in this pack or that mod "Y" is, do remember that this pack is to showcase mods that are new to FTB and that may appear in future packs. In my personal opinion I feel that the FTB team went out of their way to choose a good variety of mods that will allow players to do everything they usually do with the more well-known (and somewhat overused) mods.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
And for everyone complaining how mod "X" isn't in this pack or that mod "Y" is, do remember that this pack is to showcase mods that are new to FTB and that may appear in future packs. In my personal opinion I feel that the FTB team went out of their way to choose a good variety of mods that will allow players to do everything they usually do with the more well-known (and somewhat overused) mods.
^
This.
I've read 3 pages of complaints, mostly by the same 2-3 people. Stop complaining. Try the pack. Don't like? Don't play. Its a rudimentary (known) silent rule of gaming. It does not change a pack to repeatedly stab your opinion in the thread, hoping it will puncture and make something change. Engrain that in your mind.

As for me. I'm racing the world for a cassis tea tree. I did some research, and I'm going to focus on 3-4 mods to learn them. AppleMilkTea2 is one of them. Aura Cascade. EE3. Mekanism/Matter Overdrive.

I've been very excited to play this pack, and realistic world gen is incredible, paired with Streams. Flowing rivers in minecraft. It is a thing now.

Show off your worlds people! Say where you are! What are you doing now? What mod draws your attention most?

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
I shot a pig with the gun that shoots buckets of water and it crashed. Had some fun though, trying out all the 'pewpew' guns.

All of the mods here don't fit my play style, but some of them do and I'd never heard of some of them; and, isn't that the point?

Overall, nice mod pack FTB dudes. I'll definitely be delving deeper into Matter Overdrive and Aura Cascade especially.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
^
This.
I've read 3 pages of complaints, mostly by the same 2-3 people. Stop complaining. Try the pack. Don't like? Don't play. Its a rudimentary (known) silent rule of gaming. It does not change a pack to repeatedly stab your opinion in the thread, hoping it will puncture and make something change. Engrain that in your mind.

As for me. I'm racing the world for a cassis tea tree. I did some research, and I'm going to focus on 3-4 mods to learn them. AppleMilkTea2 is one of them. Aura Cascade. EE3. Mekanism/Matter Overdrive.

I've been very excited to play this pack, and realistic world gen is incredible, paired with Streams. Flowing rivers in minecraft. It is a thing now.

Show off your worlds people! Say where you are! What are you doing now? What mod draws your attention most?
I love the realistic terrain. My only gripe is that it seems to over populate my world with snowy biomes. I don't know if that's config our just unlucky..
I logged in the first time and wad Luke, this is different. I'm so used to so many games with biomes a plenty that I forgot it was there lol. I was like oh yeah this feels a bit more like vanilla. The graphics seem smoother than infinity. I don't know why but everything just looks polished. It's great.

Reactions: Smug Apple

Ryan784

Jul 29, 2019
I have to admit I do love being introduced into many new Mods that I wouldn't have known otherwise - makes it feel like I'm learning Modded MC all over again! Not to mention an updated EE3, I look forward to this Modpack and its future.

You did good, FTB Team. Don't let those who would incessantly insult the Modpack deter you. The minority in that regard are often the most deafening, while the majority (those who love the Modpack) are silent.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I have to admit I do love being introduced into many new Mods that I wouldn't have known otherwise - makes it feel like I'm learning Modded MC all over again! Not to mention an updated EE3, I look forward to this Modpack and its future.

You did good, FTB Team. Don't let those who would incessantly insult the Modpack deter you. The minority in that regard are often the most deafening, while the majority (those who love the Modpack) are silent.
That's cause we are too busy playing it to complain

Smug Apple

Jul 29, 2019
Excuse me... Where do I report my inability to access this modpack via the Curse Voice Client.

As in, I know how to install mod packs and all, this one just doesn't appear to be available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Excuse me... Where do I report my inability to access this modpack via the Curse Voice Client.

As in, I know how to install mod packs and all, this one just doesn't appear to be available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We're waiting on several factors for it to available on there. Don't distress, it'll be on the Curse Client soon :p

Reactions: Smug Apple

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Incidentally, has anyone discovered where cassis saplings grow for AppleMilkTea? I have scoured a great portion of world looking, and I can't help but think they are not genning in realistic terrain. Or they are in tropical/swamp biomes I have not found.

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
Xdr56JE.jpg

Didn't do much yet because oh this terrain is amazing... How should one decide where to settle down? :eek:

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
"Mods that have flown under the radar of players"
"Mekanism and Galacticraft"

I'm pretty sure these are two of the most popular mods out there and have been for years, the fact they've neglected to be put in an FTB pack doesn't mean they've flown under the radar of most players.

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
"Mods that have flown under the radar of players"
"Mekanism and Galacticraft"

I'm pretty sure these are two of the most popular mods out there and have been for years, the fact they've neglected to be put in an FTB pack doesn't mean they've flown under the radar of most players.

Add RFTools to that list

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
^
This.

This ^3

The Vanilla+ thread is full of people who have yet to even see how Vanilla+ plays and yet are suggesting adding mods that will turn it into another Kitchen Sink pack if not Bathtub Gin (look it up circa 1930's).

All we are saying, is give packs a chance. (heh. I wonder how many heads that will soar over?) :D

Last edited:

MynameisAK

Jul 29, 2019
Not happy with this pack - Idea behind it, fantastic. But its broken. A lot of the mods don't work, serious server-side lag issues and a lot of items disabled.

First release of an FTB pack where I've found the team didn't make sure the pack actually worked before releasing it.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I get unbearably bad lag in this after having a world for around an hour. Like, getting less than 1 fps bad. I can handle Beyond Reality fine at 60fps so it really shouldn't be running so poorly, is there any way to fix it? EDIT: It also uses 1GB more ram than it should, 4 rather than 3.

Last edited:

The_Hob290

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I seem to have found a way to make infinite emc.... the flesh to leather whatever mod adds that pretty much allows infinite emc as leather emc=64 and flesh emc=24.. Im also not entirely sure whether this is the right place to post this.