Horizons : 1.6.4 Launcher Crashes

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Curtisimo

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons
Mod & Version: v1.0.6
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/fiB37CCi
What's the bug?: When launching, it loads minecraft, then suddenly closes it and sends me to the Launcher.
May be because computer is made of bricks held together by mashed potatoes.
Can it be repeated?: Whenever I try to launch.
Known Fix: NA

figtreepocke

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version:1.0.6
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/eTC86u6D
Whats the bug? Will start loading up the mods but then will close insantaniosly afterwards
dose not happen in any other mod packs No
Can it be repeated? yes every time i launch the mod pack
Known Fix:N/A

Ilikepie5398

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log:
http://pastebin.com/vKvjQxn7
and says this...
Downloading Files....
Downloading sounds/music/game/creative/creative2.ogg....
Whats the bug? Wont launch when i press launch
Can it be repeated? Yes when i launch the mod pack
Known Fix: N/A
UPDATE: i waited about 10 minutes and it downloaded sounds and i came back and it worked

emmasteadman

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.0.6
Pastebin link to crash log: None
Whats the bug? After downloading the modpack, launcher closes.
Can it be repeated? Always. Even deleting the Horizons folder and trying again, doesn't fix it. Also reinstalled java, other modpacks download/launch fine so it is NOT a launcher issue.
Known Fix: Unknown

sweepmasterl

Jul 29, 2019
Possible solution regarding the crashing of FTB launcher when attempting to start the new Horizons pack:
1. Back up anything minecraft-related you don't want to lose
2. Delete everything minecraft related -- all of the modpack folders and your base .minecraft
3. Download the updated minecraft launcher and FTB launcher, make sure you have most recent java
4. Run the regular unmodded mc launcher and have it use version 1.6.4 so that it installs a fresh copy of mc (under profile settings), quit minecraft after it downloads and starts
5. Right-click on the FTB launcher icon, go to the compatibility tab, and select the options for the launcher to run in 'windows 7 compatibility mode' AND 'run as admin' if you have admin rights
6. Start the FTB launcher and download Horizons. It should work now.

Possible problems:
1. You'll still get the wall of red text about missing textures, but Jadedcat seemed to say that this was expected
2. Game might still crash for other reasons -- read the error log... this might be memory-related (using x64 and only 1GB of mem seems to be more problematic), but it seems to make it past the launcher after above steps

Why I think this might be happening: (I'm not a programmer though, just speculation)
All previous versions of FTB modpacks relied on 1.5.2 or earlier, and the new one is 1.6.4, which used the new version of the vanilla mc launcher. Is it possible that upgrading the mc version to both a higher version and one that uses a new version of the launcher is causing compatibility issues between ftb and vanilla mc? Considering that my game wouldn't even launch until I deleted everything and only downloaded version 1.6.4, this seems somewhat more likely.

Things I have not tried to do yet since getting my game to launch:
1. Changing which mods are used via the launcher options
2. Downloading and running any of the other modpacks available in the launcher
3. Placing any complex series of blocks in-game. I was, however, able to go from failing to launch to starting the game and creating a new world.

Hope this helps.

DrPotato_md

Jul 29, 2019
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/collect/Lists
at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.acceptOptions(FMLTweaker.java:52)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:110)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.common.collect.Lists
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 3 more
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release
Can't Launch game
Can be repeated
Known Fix:
Delete the whole FTB file and re download everything. Be sure to backup your files in case soemthing goes wrong!!

Last edited:

emmasteadman

Jul 29, 2019
Possible solution regarding the crashing of FTB launcher when attempting to start the new Horizons pack:
2. Delete everything minecraft related -- all of the modpack folders and your base .minecraft
3. Download the updated minecraft launcher and FTB launcher, make sure you have most recent java
4. Run the regular unmodded mc launcher and have it use version 1.6.4 so that it installs a fresh copy of mc (under profile settings), quit minecraft after it downloads and starts
5. Right-click on the FTB launcher icon, go to the compatibility tab, and select the options for the launcher to run in 'windows 7 compatibility mode' AND 'run as admin' if you have admin rights

Possible problems:
1. You'll still get the wall of red text about missing textures, but Jadedcat seemed to say that this was expected
2. Game might still crash for other reasons -- read the error log... this might be memory-related (using x64 and only 1GB of mem seems to be more problematic), but it seems to make it past the launcher after above steps

Why I think this might be happening: (I'm not a programmer though, just speculation)
All previous versions of FTB modpacks relied on 1.5.2 or earlier, and the new one is 1.6.4, which used the new version of the vanilla mc launcher. Is it possible that upgrading the mc version to both a higher version and one that uses a new version of the launcher is causing compatibility issues between ftb and vanilla mc? Considering that my game wouldn't even launch until I deleted everything and only downloaded version 1.6.4, this seems somewhat more likely.

Hope this helps.

Tried all of this.

Deleted original .minecraft, ftb launcher, game directories.
Uninstalled java, tested both 32bit and 64bit on their own and together.
Allocated more RAM via both minecraft launcher and the FTB one. (as well as default 1g)
Made new profiles.

Nothing works, and every other pack works fine with no problems. With Horizons, pack downloads, launcher closes.

takesachomp

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.0.6
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/zkc5ujV1 - I could only grab a part of it, due to FTB Launcher automatically closing.
Whats the bug? error extracting natives: unexpected end of zlib input stream (I cannot even launch the minecraft client, crashes before startup)
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: No idea!
Pictures?: Why not!
KnPawpH.jpg

epiclyepicethan1

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Not a mod, the actual launcher (v 1.2.9) (Only does this with horizons, i tried others)
Pastebin link to crash log: No actual crash, just not letting me do something
Whats the bug? Will not let me play in offline mode
Can it be repeated? Yes, every time.
Known Fix: Not that i know

Last edited:

Sk3ppy

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/iesKTGmB
Whats the bug? Constantly crashing and When i get into a server textures are white boxes.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Not at the moment

CreeperVirus_

Jul 29, 2019
I download the mod pack and it says

Error extracting natives: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

Help Please!

romines

Jul 29, 2019
i dont have a crash log because this this bug closes the log and game when it happens. i have a xact crafting table placed next to two sets of better storage crates each 3 large and when i shift click for nei it should pull the items it need from the crates. sometimes this works and some times it crashes the game. again sry not crash log

TurnipTheBeet

Jul 29, 2019

Possible problems:

Things I have not tried to do yet since getting my game to launch:
1. Changing which mods are used via the launcher options
2. Downloading and running any of the other modpacks available in the launcher
3. Placing any complex series of blocks in-game. I was, however, able to go from failing to launch to starting the game and creating a new world.

Hope this helps.
i followed this and it worked, but also you have to wait for it to download sounds which may take some time depending on your internet.

WDminer

Jul 29, 2019
Bug: Whenever i click launch in the ftb launcher it launches into the 1.6.4 minecraft but it closes out, without me closing it, and doesn't provide a crash report. i can't even get to the main screen. i'm sorry if this has already been posted.

i've tried downloading the modpack 3 times to no success
What am i doing wrong?

willcaddy

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: V1.0.6
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/F9tmPDr1
Whats the bug? After starting to launch, it seems the game crashes while trying to access a texture.
Can it be repeated? Yes, Every launch. Tried the delete all files and re download fix to no avail.
Known Fix: Afraid not :-(

Thanks in advance xD

Charles Tuten

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: DireWolf20
Mod & Version:V.1.0.7
Pastebin: None
Can it be repeated?Yes, everytime I launch, it shows this missing texture.
Known Fix: Not Known

Attachments

• feedthe.pdf
    138.5 KB · Views: 93

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Mod & Version: V1.0.6
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/F9tmPDr1
Whats the bug? After starting to launch, it seems the game crashes while trying to access a texture.
Can it be repeated? Yes, Every launch. Tried the delete all files and re download fix to no avail.
Known Fix: Afraid not :-(
Thanks in advance xD

This is likely because you only have 1gb of ram allocated in the launcher options. Try setting it at 2GB.[DOUBLEPOST=1387635616][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mod Pack: DireWolf20
Mod & Version:V.1.0.7
Pastebin: None
Can it be repeated?Yes, everytime I launch, it shows this missing texture.
Known Fix: Not Known

That appears on my screen as well. Please post the log to pastebin using the "paste my log to pastebin" button in the console window.