Home made modpack need suggestions.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been out of minecraft since early 1.5 and don't really know many of the newer mods around.

Basically if its in the new DW20 pack then I know it. (exception being pnuematic craft but I can research mods on my own, right now just looking for things I haven't heard of)

Basically I want more tech related mods. I seen a video of mucking around with chemical compositions and that looked cool but no idea what its called. And one that had jetpacks and refilling the jetpacks with liquid hydrogen or something.

Any help is appreciated and no suggestions will be unwanted. Thanks guys.

Edit: For that matter is there a way I can add in my own custom modpack? I will be the only one using it so I don't need to do anything fancy like adding in a custom mod pack code thing.

Last edited:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
If I had to guess, that chemical mod would be minechem. I've never played with it so I can't vouch for or against it, but I've heard it was kinda unbalanced. The jetpack mod you speak of sounds exactly like mekanism, and it is a lot more than just jetpacks. It is a very well done mod.

MultiMC can help a lot with making a custom pack because it makes it really easy to download forge, access your configs, and add mods. Alternatively, you can remove every mod from an ftb pack you don't use and not worry about IDs for most mods.

I'd make a custom pack for 1.7.10 if I were you because that's where the community is heading.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Yup making 1.7.10 modpack with multimc. (Thanks for the suggestion, really liking multimc so far)

I just jacked 99% of the mods from the 1.7 beta test mod pack + configs. Probably not the best idea but downloading 50+ mods is just tedious.

Also about mekanism, is there a reason I don't see it in very many packs? Its not even in the beta test pack where nothing even has to have a theme.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Yup making 1.7.10 modpack with multimc. (Thanks for the suggestion, really liking multimc so far)

I just jacked 99% of the mods from the 1.7 beta test mod pack + configs. Probably not the best idea but downloading 50+ mods is just tedious.

Also about mekanism, is there a reason I don't see it in very many packs? Its not even in the beta test pack where nothing even has to have a theme.
Actually, I'm not really sure why it isn't in many FTB packs. It is not very buggy in my experiences, and is pretty compatible with other mods out there. Using it in my own 1.7 pack and haven't encountered problems.