Holy crud, amazing seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT2: Well, jeezum christchex! I forgot the seed. Sorry everyone, here it is: -4710712215900548573

Also: Original Thread
Cursing? Where? The caps are for emphasis, I feel I used an appropriate amount. Anywho, sorry for the mix up. Enjoy!

IIBEANO posted a new 1.4.2 seed on the official forums. Now, I have the FTB pack of course and decided to give it a go. AMAZING. Wow. I will copy what I wrote over there:

I went to his coords: X 268 Y 86 Z -439 Dig down a bit and you will hit the grotto.

"WOW! I am using the new FTB launcher and mod pack, this is AMAZING. Best seed I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing.

EDIT: After more exploring, seriously... you NEED to see this seed with the FTB mod pack. It has ExtraBiomesXL, and let me say holy crappola!! AMAZING.

In the extrambiomesxl config I have these 3 settings set to false:

icewasteland.enablegeneration=false
snowyforest.enablegeneration=false
snowyrainforest.enablegeneration=false

Remember to set these BEFORE you generate the new world. I am fairly certain that if you or anyone else who try's this, you will be blown away. Best seed. EVER."

I hope you all give this a go with those settings and let me know what you think.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
1. Introduction would be appreciated
2. Is it so hard to post the seed in here? By the way, after scanning the official forums, there was no reply to any of the seedposts containing the text you quoted. Clarification would be highly appreciated.
3. Less cursing and CAPSING would be nice.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Oodahn would you mind clarifying which forums you saw the seed on and also the "seed" might help.

p.s. Would you mind editing your post. some people may see it as being abrupt or spammy in this context

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, edited the OP. Sorry bout that. I was in an exuberant mood and some of you may not find this seed all that impressive. The area surrounding the grotto coords are excellent for my tastes: Big mountains and big trees, cool rivers and awesome ravines. :)

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I disabled the 3 biomes mentioned in the config and generated a world with that seed, and went to the specified coordinates. Its a redwood forest at a very high elevation. Ground level is 109. Original post said to go to Y86 which would be 23 blocks below.

Is this what you see?
clipbo12.jpg

[edit]
Wow nevermind. When I dig straight down to the Y coordinate specified, I fall into a huge underground open area with green grass! Never seen that before in any map. Very unusual.

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
I disabled the 3 biomes mentioned in the config and generated a world with that seed, and went to the specified coordinates. Its a redwood forest at a very high elevation. Ground level is 109. Original post said to go to Y86 which would be 23 blocks below.

Is this what you see?
[edit]
Wow nevermind. When I dig straight down to the Y coordinate specified, I fall into a huge underground open area with green grass! Never seen that before in any map. Very unusual.

Right?! Excellent, glad you found it. Also, right near there, on the top of that area is a village, kinda on the side of the cliff face? Head down, and you will see the ravine there. It's hard to find because of all the trees. EDIT: It's the deepest ravine I've ever found. I've found more complex and intersecting ones, but never from 70 all the way down to 12. Awesome.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I placed a few wrathlamps around on the roof of the cave. Ok I have to agree with Oodahn. This is pretty epic. It just goes on and on like this:

clipbo13.jpg

That this is underground in a normal random map seed is pretty amazing.

clipbo14.jpg

Found the village.

villag10.jpg

And the ravine.

ravine10.jpg

Reactions: Oodahn

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
There are a lot of very cool geological features on this map. I found a natural cave at 183 , -169 that goes straight down to diamond level like a huge vertical shaft that opens up into a big network at the bottom.

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
There are a lot of very cool geological features on this map. I found a natural cave at 183 , -169 that goes straight down to diamond level like a huge vertical shaft that opens up into a big network at the bottom.
Nice, I'll take a look.

EDIT: Hell ya, good entrance to a great network. Lots of diamonds down there.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very excited about this world, and I think I'll probably make my permanent playthrough here. Thanks a bunch for finding it!

Curious though, how did you ever discover that underground cavern area? It doesn't seem like the kind of thing one could just stumble across randomly.

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't find it, the guy in the OP I linked, he found it. I go to the seed section of the official MC forums whenever a new version comes out to see what people have found. This guy found the seed, with the crazy cavern and I was like oh hell ya! I didn't know, though, if it would generate the same way considering I was using the FTB pack with extrabiomesxl. Luckily, a great seed is a truly epic seed with the mods. :)

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
It makes me wonder what it is about this seed that's causing the unusual cavern formations. Its not just that hill either, the entire walk from map spawn to that hill is littered with interesting caverns. This is not what I've typically found on any minecraft world.

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like an awesome seed!

It might be a bit of a glitch, thoguh I've heard of these epic grass caves appearing every now and then since at least alpha..

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
it is more than likely a glitch yes, but it's on of those glitches that works out. It's not jarring or out of place. It feels "right". And EPIC.

Mavrl

Jul 29, 2019
Super noob question. You suggested to set the 3 biomes to false in the extrabiomesxl config before you generate the world. How do you do that? I can see the various mods listed in the edit section of the mods tab in the launcher, including extrabiomesxl, but don't see anything more specific than that.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Its not done in the launcher. Go to the actual config folder where the config files are stored, and edit the extrabiomes config file manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.