Hey Everyone

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All! I'm Naddox, I have been playing minecraft since beta 1.1.5 and I have been slowly getting into Forge gameplay over the last several months. I am fairly new to FTB, I know my way around buildcraft and compatibles mods like thermal expansion pretty well and things like IC2 and GregTech are super foreign to me. I own my own server that I, and a couple close friends play around on with my own compiled modpack that includes pretty much all of FTB mods that got updated to 1.5 and then several mods of my own that I enjoy playing with such as the mod 'Magical Crops'

I am 22 years old, I am a aspiring game dev myself, I have made my own forge mod that added several new ores, tools, armors, items and some of its own biomes but it is worthless as it was just for learning and wasn't anything compared to other forge mods. I will(hopefully) be attending college in the coming years for programming where I will then propably start on a new mod that would comepletly change minecraft in its whole or I will develope a game that I have been wanting to make for several years.

Not sure if this will mean anything to anyone but I am the owner of 'Desolate Gaming'. We had our own server up for a couple years running bukkit but I have switched to forge and am liking the change by far and will probably be opening my new server up after some testing and probably a hardware upgrade as forge is much more taxing on the system the bukkit is/was.

I also have a youtube channel that is lacking in activity because my current day job keeps me away from life.

Anyways, I wrote way too much, thats me in a nutshell.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome, IC2 and GT are a lot of fun (GT depends on your style of playing).

Do you know where I could learn about creating a mod? I have a couple written down somewhere on my desk or on my computer. One adds/edit pre-existing worldgen, and adds one block with a GUI, and one adds pressure plates, doors, and buttons.

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome, IC2 and GT are a lot of fun (GT depends on your style of playing).

Do you know where I could learn about creating a mod? I have a couple written down somewhere on my desk or on my computer. One adds/edit pre-existing worldgen, and adds one block with a GUI, and one adds pressure plates, doors, and buttons.
The way I learned was watching various youtube series that were dedicated to minecraft modding, the only real problem with them atm though is after 1.5 update, modding was overhauled by a longshot and with the upcoming API, modding is constantly changing so honestly my advice to you is if you want to learn how to mod for minecraft, look into modding for minecraft 1.4 or wait until the API is out because of everything changing, and I am sure a lot of modders would probably agree. 1 thing you can do in the mean time, is just watch videos that teach .java programming in general so you have a good idea of how it works and how you can work around in java when it comes to being ready to create your own mod.

I started out using 3rd party party programs that basically made the mod for you but the biggest issue with them is they are very very lmited to what you can & can't do, so learning java and then hardcoding your mod will be the best way to go in my opinion.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums. Gregtech can be fun. I find it to be more fun between semesters, when I have more time and can afford to grind a bit more in the game, rather than during semesters, when I find prolonged mining by hand, and inevitable replacing of exploded machines, to be luxuries I can't afford.

Hope you have fun here and Happy Minecrafting!

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums. Even if it seems foreign, if you prefer a challenge you should definitely install gregtech.