HermitPack can't load

0201Shadow

Title HermitPack can't load

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack HermitPack

Modpack version 1.10

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/EqjdC3Ns

Details of the issue When I launch HermitPack all goes well until It hits ModelManager - blocks - refinedstorage:constructor
Then it just stops loading and just stays there. It is still using computer power but will never move on from that part.
I do not think the log is useful as it stops to record anything long before it stops loading.
Here is a link to the picture of the launcher when it stops to work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4jj5geme9fby5e/Udklip.JPG?dl=0

HappyMattock

Jul 29, 2019
Had this exact same thing. Tried disabling mods that had exceptions in the log, that didn't help.

The thing that worked for me was upping the RAM Maximum on the OPTIONS tab. I doubled it to 4G because I have memory to burn, but if you don't, or if you're running 32 bit, try going 0.5G at a time.

HTH/HM

0201Shadow

Thanks for the suggestion but I figured out that I just had to use the curse launcher.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Had this exact same thing. Tried disabling mods that had exceptions in the log, that didn't help.

The thing that worked for me was upping the RAM Maximum on the OPTIONS tab. I doubled it to 4G because I have memory to burn, but if you don't, or if you're running 32 bit, try going 0.5G at a time.

HTH/HM

This pack cannot run on 32 bit. At all

H

Herohares

Hi guys, i have the very same problem, and unfortunately i did not manage to solve it through the Curse launcher.
The only difference is that when crashing (at the same point, ModelManager - blocks - refinedstorage:constructor) the launcher says that the problem consists in "running out of memory". I have 8GB ram, and monitoring it during the loading screen shows how at peak usage still 2.2GB remain free, so i think that's not the real issue.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
How much did you allocate to Minecraft? The windows memory usage doesn't tell a lot. It is what java itself can use that matters (should be about 4 gigs for a pack like this)

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
You need at bare minimum 3.5GB allocated to launch this pack. For best results you'll want to be somewhere in the 4-6GB range. The OP was trying to launch with only 2GB which is why it was crashing.