G

Goth_Cartel

Title Hermitcraft Pack Using 100% cpu time

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Hermitcraft

Modpack version V1.01

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/a7b23fd1

Details of the issue When the pack starts up FPS drops to 1-2 fps, CPU time goes up to 100%

I have tried this even in a void world with no land generated to see if it was just world gen issues but even then it only gets 4fps.

Oddly if you press escape to go to the options screen fps shoots up to a steady 60fps

I am running a dual core AMD A4-5300 with 8Gb Ram
5Gb assigned to Minecraft.

Graphics card is Radeon R7 200 with 2Gb graphics, Minecraft is using the card so its not a graphics issue.

Java is latest 64 bit version on Windows 10

I can run Sky Factory 2.5 with no issues at 60 fps.

Mipmap is set to 4 but if you try to lower it the game hangs.

I've lowered render distance to 6 to see if that helps but again still the same fps. I've left a world running for 30 mins to see if it was a world gen issue again no greater than 6fps.

I have also tried just running the pack through forge without the loader to see if that would help but again the same issue. It seems there is one mod in the pack somewhere that is possibly causing a memory leak? I know journeyman map used to have that issue I tried disabling the mod but that didn't fix the problem either.

Any ideas?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Edit the options file in the instance folder and change the mipmap setting to 0. This will turn it off.

There currently is a memory leak within forge and is causing it to use a lot more ram than it should.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I doubt it is an issue with forge itself. Memory leaks in modder minecraft exist since i can remember and due to how it works and the amount of mods that are often in a Pack a Memory leak is almost bound to happen

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I doubt it is an issue with forge itself. Memory leaks in modder minecraft exist since i can remember and due to how it works and the amount of mods that are often in a Pack a Memory leak is almost bound to happen

But I have never had an issue myself with 8gb of memory and the packs are using way more ram then the 1.7.10 packs. I have no reason to doubt Darkosto as he makes/maintains modpacks.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
But I have never had an issue myself with 8gb of memory and the packs are using way more ram then the 1.7.10 packs. I have no reason to doubt Darkosto as he makes/maintains modpacks.
not sure about 1.10 but mojang did managed to make the amount of RAM used go haywire in 1.8 (for me it was literally a whole different number every frame or so when I last played vanilla 1.8) this might have something to do with it. I am also running a 1.10 pack fine using just 4 GB of RAM (someone even has it running with a bit less), I also used 4 GB of RAM for 1.7.10 packs.

Anyway, back to the problem at hand. I think the log doesn't actually hold anything of the OP being inside a world, however during modpack launching there are a whole lot of warnings like
[12:06:59] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to resolve texture due to upward reference: #bottom in minecraft:models/block/fence_side
By very fast looking through the log it looks like more then half of the log consists of Forge complaining about fences, fence gates or something else from vanilla minecraft. If it was about a mod I would pass it off as a mod having problems, probably because of 1.10 being rather new in the modding scene but it being vanilla blocks seems odd.

Maybe some mod is doing things with it and causing those blocks to break thus causing lag in certain cases? Can someone check if it is "normal" behavior? (thus if you have no problems, check if the log file also gets full of those warnings from vanilla blocks) I currently do not have time for that myself.

W

WULTKB90

I have the FX6300 and 8G of 1600mhz ram, 8G is not enough to run hermitpack on my system even tho I cap it to 4G and have 5G free with my usual usage. the solution I have is to enable page filling as much as I hate it, it is the only way I can get the pack running. I have much the same issues that you do with out page filling, try setting C: to 4096 and see if that helps.