Help~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zionchar11

Jul 29, 2019
nope[DOUBLEPOST=1369245074][/DOUBLEPOST]i gotta ask though... my laptop isn't that top tier gaming.. is that a possibility too???

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
nope[DOUBLEPOST=1369245074][/DOUBLEPOST]i gotta ask though... my laptop isn't that top tier gaming.. is that a possibility too???
Possibly, but I don't think that the problem is that. The error I'm seeing, only happened to me when the configs were in use by another application, that's why I asked. Create a new folder on your desktop, or in another location if you prefer. Then copy the FTB executable into the folder you just created and run it from there. I think running the launcher from your desktop may have caused the problem.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
anti virus??? AVG
Yeah, I know it seems like a silly question, but Virus scanners can occasionally cause problems like this.

Some things to try:
1. Reboot. The files may have been locked previously and windows just hasn't released them (Windows can be stupid that way sometimes).
2. Delete the config files. Specifically immibis.cfg, ChickenChunks.cfg, and \forestry\base.conf. They should all be located in your C:\Users\user\Desktop\FTB\Ultimate\minecraft\config\ folder.
3. Disable anti-virus and try to run FTB. It may be interfering by scanning the files, making them unaccessable to the java process needs them. If you do try this option. ensure you re-enable your anti-virus after testing. If it runs add an exclusion for FTB to your anti-virus and it should run OK (I am not sure how to do this with avg, and you may need to add the whole FTB folder).

If there are any errors, post logs.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe this is a problem with your antivirus. It's a java i/o exception dealing with windows and text files. I get this all the time building modpacks. It should be fixed in the next java update.

For now, the easiest solution is to open any config file with a text editor, save it, and exit the editor. This normally causes the file to be released properly and closes the user mapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.