Help with modifying the modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xaberranthianx

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea if this is where it would be appropriate to ask this question, but here it goes. I use the .exe loader to run the modpack. I love this modpack (there are bugs/issues but I can look past most of them for now) but I wanted to add in Additional Pipes and Wireless Redstone seeing as the sources say they are all updated for Minecraft 1.4.5. However, whenever I add the .jar files to the "edit mod pack" mods folder, the game loads the "Mojang" logo and then just black screens every time. It does this with eiither additional pipes or Wireless Redstone. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a conflict that I should change to help them be compatible with the FTB modpack? The client doesn't crash, it just doesn't load past a black screen. Does anyone have any info in regards to how I would be able to add the mods to my game? Thanks :)

xaberranthianx

Jul 29, 2019
I have the FTB Beta Pack for Minecraft 1.4.2. Would that still be compatible with 1.4.5 mods?

I actually see an Additional Pipes download for 1.4.2 so I'm gonna try that to see if it works. :p

Edit: Okay I feel like an idiot. lol. The 1.4.2 download worked. I keep forgetting that the Beta pack for FTB isn't fully up to date with actual minecraft. Thanks :p

xaberranthianx

Jul 29, 2019
Because some updates that Mojang releases aren't big enough to really change much of anything besides adding a block or two and some bug fixes. Previous Minecraft versions (I believe somewhere in 1.3.x, possibly 1.2.x) had updates that were so small that the mods didn't need anything done to make them compatible. lol. This one was not the case.

Reactions: Confidential1207