Help with direwolf20 lag

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TWM12

Jul 29, 2019
so i am lagging in A LOT but it only happens when i am in my base.

PC specs

GPU-GTX780I sc
8 GB OF RAM
Asus motherboard

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
More detail, please...
CPU?
OS?
Java Version?
OS/Java 32 or 64 bit?
Pack version?

Some general suggestions:

1). Do not allocate more than 4GB in the client. This forces Java to spend too much time freeing up unused ram, causing lag spikes.

2). If you are using Windows and Java 1.8.x remove all command-line ram configs... The new default settings work just fine with 1.7.10 packs (min. ram=2GB; max. ram=4GB; permgen >=256MB). These settings seem optimal to me, although I could turn down several in-game settings to improve a bit (I run everything at maximum since I'm not on a server).

I have a similar system:

Asus Sabertooth 990FX main board
AMD FX8350 CPU (8 cores, 4Ghz, non-overclocked)
9600GT GPU
8GB
Windows 8.1, 64-bit (Also have tested Vanilla MC on Windows 10 TP on dual-boot partition)
Java 1.8.0_25 64-bit

There's also a bit of a rendering issue that was fixed in earlier releases of Minecraft 1.7 that was somehow reintroduced in 1.7.10 that causes a lot of lag... Adding the Fastcraft mod from Player helps me a lot with this. BTW, Fastcraft is now included in DW20 1.1.x and also in infinity, although you may have to use the "Edit the pack" tab on the client to enable it.