Help with Ars Magica 2

Valastro

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I need some help.
I just started playing DW20 on FTB and decided to do some Ars Magica stuff. So I built a Crafting Altar to make my first spell. I made it out of nether brick and redstone blocks. Everything works great, which is what I expected....EXCEPT for the spell.
So I crafted the spell exactly as it told me to, (it's a fire projectile), and when I try to use it it does nothing. So I take a look at how much mana it costs and it's saying that it need 270!
Now, when I watch Direwolf20's mod spotlight, he uses the same setup as me. I did everything like he did, and his spell only requires 67 mana.
Did I do something wrong?!
Someone PLEASE HELP!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
There's a small chance that if you haven't been rebinding keys, that may not work right away due to several conflicting keybinds. If so, just rebind some keys off of C and you'll be good.

Valastro

Jul 29, 2019
You can tell by the shape of the moon right? I swear mine is a cresent moon. I'll double check. If I have problems I'll reply again. Thanks for the help

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Just checking, what were the spell components uses? "Projectile - Fire Damage" doesn't seem like enough to cost 270 mana at diminished casting. Heck, even "Projectile - Magic Damage" costs way less then that.

But then again, Fire Damage is a deeper(but still blue) skill.

Valastro

Jul 29, 2019
I figured it out. I was using the wrong spell power after all. I feel really stupid about it now. Then again, when trying out a new mod, you will do stupid stuff from time to time. Life forgetting that a mana battery needs a redstone signal and then spending 30 minutes trying to figure out why your nexus isn't transmitting power to it.......yeah....I'm such a noob.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I figured it out. I was using the wrong spell power after all. I feel really stupid about it now. Then again, when trying out a new mod, you will do stupid stuff from time to time. Life forgetting that a mana battery needs a redstone signal and then spending 30 minutes trying to figure out why your nexus isn't transmitting power to it.......yeah....I'm such a noob.
Hey that's what I did! :D