[HELP] Water source

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
C

CraftMarine

Hi everyone :), I'm new here and I come here to get some help.

I'm playing on a 3rd party pack, "Infitech".
My probleme is, I can't make infinite water supply.
I make a 4x4 hole filled with water, but when I take water from it, the water don't generate back. :/

I search if it was gregtech, I haven't found anything in config. And I don't know wich mod can do this.

So, I need some help to find how to have infinite water again.

Tanks, CraftMarine
If I made some mistake in my english, correct me :) I'm french :)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hi everyone :), I'm new here and I come here to get some help.

I'm playing on a 3rd party pack, "Infitech".
My probleme is, I can't make infinite water supply.
I make a 4x4 hole filled with water, but when I take water from it, the water don't generate back. :/

I search if it was gregtech, I haven't found anything in config. And I don't know wich mod can do this.

So, I need some help to find how to have infinite water again.

Tanks, CraftMarine
If I made some mistake in my english, correct me :) I'm french :)
I've had a quick scan through and can't see which it would be, but: there are mods which change/remove infinite water source behaviour - these are intended to force you to build a machine that makes water - in this case, you might want an Extra Utilities liquid transfer node placed against what should be an infinite water source (i.e. the middle block in a row of three), with 1 or more world interaction upgrades in the transfer node. Then connect ExU pipes to wherever you want the water to go, and that should work, I think...

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
CodeChickenCore.cfg -> finiteWater=True needs to be changed to False if ya want infinite water

Makes everything lotsa easier, so I suggest playing around with the pack before going easymode

C

CraftMarine

Thanks, it was CCC. I've put on false and I've got my water Thanks :)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
CodeChickenCore.cfg -> finiteWater=True needs to be changed to False if ya want infinite water

Makes everything lotsa easier, so I suggest playing around with the pack before going easymode
Well that would do it! :D hehe

I wasn't sure if there was meant to be a theme like with Crash Landings, where the need to find novel ways of making water is actively part of the story and gameplay! Sorry :)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just to confirm, it's definitely not a gregtech thing - the modpack creator (Jason) prefers finite water. It does act as a bit of an early-game challenge as well until you get a railcraft water tank.

EdIt: Also, there's a very large thread on infitech here.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
If that's the style of play you enjoy by all means. But this user clearly doesn't like that. Your post sounds like "if you don't like it, tough". If I'm wrong in that view I apologize, but to me it sounds like you're trying to push a gameplay element on to someone who doesn't want it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Everybody above (more or less) is correct. Infinite water is disabled by default. It can be re-enabled as demonstrated above if you're not especially interested in it. (There are several blocks that do produce infinite water, you just need to achieve them)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame