Help w sf3 autobuckets (lava)

L

Lockebone

Not sure where to post asking questions on the modpack as a full thing.

But my bud wants to automate lava for his mana productions. Ember lilys i think. I forget but they eat lava. They dont have Fountains, Floodgates, or Arcane spas in my mod pack, The crafter block does not fill buckets with liquid lava, just lava essence from mystical agriculture.

i tinker more then magic, but generating lava is easy, setting up a dispenser to dump buckets so easy, i have a fluid gate from draconic evolution, among fluid tanks, i mean, just about anything i can make it.

I just can not for the life of me figure out what i need to craft buckets of lava from empty buckets and liquid lava being piped in. Then move the buckets to a dispenser that will tick off a redstone every so often from an hourglass. afterwards the empty bucket is sucked back out and refilled by the refiller.

I have not gotten into Open Computers and dont know how to do that stuff. so using the transposer block from opencomputers is not viable for a while.

this seems like something that should be at least half way simple at this point in our world, we have done a lot. so anyways.

if anybody knows how to do this. I would greatly appreciate the help. Its so frustrating.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Not sure where to post asking questions on the modpack as a full thing.

But my bud wants to automate lava for his mana productions. Ember lilys i think. I forget but they eat lava. They dont have Fountains, Floodgates, or Arcane spas in my mod pack, The crafter block does not fill buckets with liquid lava, just lava essence from mystical agriculture.

i tinker more then magic, but generating lava is easy, setting up a dispenser to dump buckets so easy, i have a fluid gate from draconic evolution, among fluid tanks, i mean, just about anything i can make it.

I just can not for the life of me figure out what i need to craft buckets of lava from empty buckets and liquid lava being piped in. Then move the buckets to a dispenser that will tick off a redstone every so often from an hourglass. afterwards the empty bucket is sucked back out and refilled by the refiller.

I have not gotten into Open Computers and dont know how to do that stuff. so using the transposer block from opencomputers is not viable for a while.

this seems like something that should be at least half way simple at this point in our world, we have done a lot. so anyways.

if anybody knows how to do this. I would greatly appreciate the help. Its so frustrating.
Have you got EnderIO? The fluid tanks from that should allow you to import/pipe in a bucket into them, and if the tank contains enough lava a full bucket will be created. If you set the side you want the bucket to eject to (say into a chest) to push, the full bucket should go straight into there after its filled.

Reactions: Robijnvogel
L

Lockebone

how do you set sides of a fluid tank. i have a number from working with different liquids and xp storage.

L

Lockebone

is their a enderio book in the game like a manual, is their a list to all the manuals. i didnt know draconium had a manual till i was trying to figure this out and found fluid gate or something.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
is their a enderio book in the game like a manual, is their a list to all the manuals. i didnt know draconium had a manual till i was trying to figure this out and found fluid gate or something.
Unfortunately there is no manual for enderio; if you build a Yeta Wrench, that should allow you to change sides; the tank should also have a GUI that you can access, which has a model of the tank you can turn and select sides and their push/pull state with.

Reactions: Robijnvogel
L

Lockebone

hah it does.
lava spawner.jpg

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
L

Lockebone

So am I right in thinking that the suggestion worked? If so: hooray! :)

yea its a little tricky but nothing that cant be figuered out with a little problem solving. I did not know about the yeti wrench. But after that. all i had to do was toy around with what side stuff came in and what side stuff came out. Once you figuer out where the block wants to put things you can set you stuff so that it collects and spits things out the right way.

basically a lava cruicble that feeds the tank the tank makes buckets that go to the dispenser. the dispenser is set on a timer that rotates a rf switch and spits out the bucket back to a chest that gets it set to the fluid tank and rinse and repeat. Setting the timer so lava doesnt just sit open in a space was a little math. but generally a very well deisgned small mana producer thats infinite. The only kink was making sure to put filters on the enderio so that a full bucket didnt get into the circulation, otherwise the machine would stop.

thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 2017-12-08_07.51.16.png
    2017-12-08_07.51.16.png
    767.1 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
yea its a little tricky but nothing that cant be figuered out with a little problem solving. I did not know about the yeti wrench. But after that. all i had to do was toy around with what side stuff came in and what side stuff came out. Once you figuer out where the block wants to put things you can set you stuff so that it collects and spits things out the right way.

basically a lava cruicble that feeds the tank the tank makes buckets that go to the dispenser. the dispenser is set on a timer that rotates a rf switch and spits out the bucket back to a chest that gets it set to the fluid tank and rinse and repeat. Setting the timer so lava doesnt just sit open in a space was a little math. but generally a very well deisgned small mana producer thats infinite. The only kink was making sure to put filters on the enderio so that a full bucket didnt get into the circulation, otherwise the machine would stop.

thanks for your help!
Great! :) You're welcome, glad I could assist!