Help: Twilight Forest - several different portals

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to find anywhere an issue such as this through the forums or google, so here goes:

On Infinity 1.5.1, with a generated survival world with Biome o'Plenty on world generation, I'm having an issue with Twilight Portals.

I created a portal as I used to do in Monster: pool of 2x2x1 of water, flowers around, toss in a diamond. No problem. If it is relevant, I used flowers from Botania.

I go to the other side to check if it's safe. Spawned near a Dark Wood. Far enough to suit me. Warp back to overworld (savanah biome). I am in the same biome but far away from my base, in a deep cave underground. Basically, each time I use the portal, I end up in a different place. Be it Overworld or TF. Help?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Okay, so I just tried this out on a test world. I'm running the recommended Infinity version (whatever that may be, I can't remember) with most of the tech mods removed. I made a portal using Botania flowers as you did, entered it, and returned. I landed in the same exact location that I went in.

What TF version are you running? Mine is 2.3.5.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I too am using 2.3.5. Infinity's recommended version is 1.5.1, as well, I believe. I cannot reproduce the issue on creative, just like you. Will try on another world, and even create another survival with BoP as a seed.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Update: after creating god knows how many portals in both dimensions, I decided to break the first portal I made (since another portal was created nearby). It seems to have worked and I am going back and forth just two portals, which is nice. Something must've gone wrong with generating the first portal and affected god knows how many.

Thanks for your attention. doubt any of us can reproduce this again (hopefully)

Reactions: Padfoote