Help, this just happened

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
So i was building myself a castle, when up in the sky I saw a thaumcraft-like node. Once I got closer, it seemed to be radiating something, so I went closer and suddenly my screen started to be rendered in ASCII characters, the closer I got, the bigger these characters became and then they became all zeroes. When I flew away it didn't revert back though, it just stayed like this:

bfadc0d05d.jpg

Does anyone know what it is, and how to get rid of it?

EDIT: the effect seemed to be fading after a while, this is a picture of the node:
a5cf9e1e7c.jpg

If you look closely you can see characters in the black radience. WAILA does not tell me what it is, and if I come too close my screen is getting ASCII'd again.

EDIT²: It vanished, I don't know why, but suddenly it was gone.

So, what is it?

Last edited:

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
You're building your black tower to reach the source of the dark power you have been searching for. It can cause visions that will cause insanity if you're caught too close, but if harnessed just right, it will provide limitless forbidden knowledge.

Insert other roleplaying type stuff here

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
On the other hand, if you don't like whatever it is, mcedit it out. (or if you have IC2, shoot it with the laser maybe). (edit: mcedit, not nbtedit, duh)

Last edited:

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking kinda Clockwork Empires -ish, the new cthuhlu game thats in beta right now. Insanity for everyone!

ugh, I get gideon now.. been too long since I played df

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I found it http://minecraft-psychedelicraft.wikia.com/wiki/Rift
It's called rift from the mod psychedeliccraft (thanks ioboca for finding the mod)
Thanks. Apparently they can be disabled in the configs, I'm not sure if I want to disable it though.

Lol nice http://minecraft-psychedelicraft.wikia.com/wiki/Drug_Dealer
Are we sure minecraft isn't R rated now?
This mod is yes, it says it too in the thread. Btw, imo MineChem is even more R rated then this though

Reactions: xTordX