Request Help moving between computers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
I have a singleplayer DW20 save that I'm trying to shift to a new computer. I copied the world file just fine, but on launch it started me at the default spawn with no map/inventory/equipment/etc. All that came across was my baubles (which is in a save file of its own, apparently).

How do I go about actually copying my character info along with the world? I still have the original, so the fact that I overwrote my old character data with new on login isn't an issue. I know I could just toss my items in a chest or something, but I'd like to keep my map data, morphs, and other non-item-type info as well.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
I have a singleplayer DW20 save that I'm trying to shift to a new computer. I copied the world file just fine, but on launch it started me at the default spawn with no map/inventory/equipment/etc. All that came across was my baubles (which is in a save file of its own, apparently).

How do I go about actually copying my character info along with the world? I still have the original, so the fact that I overwrote my old character data with new on login isn't an issue. I know I could just toss my items in a chest or something, but I'd like to keep my map data, morphs, and other non-item-type info as well.
It might be best if you just copy the entire folder where all your FTB stuff is saved. I believe inventory and such are stored separately from the world data as well.

Reactions: Padfoote

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
It's been a while since I actually did something like this, but I *think* you need player.dat and level.dat and another file who's name currently escapes me.

And that was for vanilla. For mods, i'm really not sure if they add their own files like this (I think thaumcraft research progress is written to player.dat but I wouldn't quote me on it).

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to figure out where the player.dat file is hiding. In the meantime, moving the entire "direwolf20_17" directory is an inefficient but functional solution.

Edit: Scratch that, player.dat is in the world directory with everything else (\FTB\direwolf20_17\minecraft\saves\New World), so that can't be it. This is weird...

Edit2: Wait, that's players.dat, not player, and it's just chickenchunks. I don't have a player.dat anywhere.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
I just copied the entire folder thats named after the world and that worked fine. for me \Monster\minecraft\saves\New World. and of course deleted the new similarly named folder that is created when you install it before copy pasting in the old

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
I just copied the entire folder thats named after the world and that worked fine. for me \Monster\minecraft\saves\New World. and of course deleted the new similarly named folder that is created when you install it before copy pasting in the old
That's exactly what I did the first ti- wait... I think I copied the world directory before opening the new install for the first time. I wonder if I somehow overwrote my player data...

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i did it the other way. i opened up the install and then moved the folder after shutting it down again

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I just copy the whole instance everytime, I also do this if I do some changes to the instance and want to have a backup just in case, it always worked without any problems.