[HELP] Mining turtle

EDOKILLER

Jul 29, 2019
I use the comand "excavate 8" on a mining turtle, but after a period of work it stop to dig; the turtle's inventory isn't full and the fuel livel is 100K, but the turtle not dig to the bedrock? Someone can help me?

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, this is standard behavior of turtles. Unless you give them a chunk loader - they will stop working when you leave them.

And if you're playing singleplayer - they will always stop when you exit your game.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
As stated, the best thing to do is to place a chunkloader above the level the turtle is mining that will cover all of the chunks the turtle will go into when mining, or to put a chunkloader on the turtle (although I have never done that, so I am not sure it is actually supported).

bodaciousbilly

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually still having this problem, even though I use a a chunk loader that very easily covers the area of my 4 turtles. Each turtle also has multiple hundreds of thousands of fuel, and a chest to dump in to.

If I leave the area, even just for a moment, I come back to them frozen in place. This same setup used to work, but it suddenly stopped.

Anyone have any idea why? I use the chickenchunks cunkloader (yellow with the floating crystal), and it works fine for the other things I use it for (my base, nether lava pumps).

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
There are chunk loading modules in the mindcrack pack

And these I know work.. and work too well.

Don't use them on experimental code, your turtles may run off with them >.>

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Heh.. me either..

I tried it, and all my turtles ran off, they've probably run out of fuel by now, still have no idea where they would be though.