Help me about adding TE3 mod to minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing modded survival and I am adding some new mods from time to time and I got to the point where I need to add Thermal Expansion 3. So the question is: would I need to start all over again to make TE3 generate ores?

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
It allows ores to spawn in chunks that have already been loaded.
Tell me more :D How come does ores spawn? Do you have to be on the surface or something? And: does it effect the surface? Cuz i have a house in a village and i dont want to lose it

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
:D I went right to google, to see if I needed to write effect or affect xD The more you know :D So back to the point :D Do you need to install the mod and go to config files to activate it? I mean retrogen.
In TE3'retrogen is automatic. It basically places ores where they would have generated if you started the world with the mod.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
One more question! Does it make bedrock flat? I mean when you add it after world gen.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
<your modpack's folder> -> minecraft -> config -> cofh -> worldcustomgen.txt

In that file, set the values in the final column to "true" then start the game and open your world.

Simples :)[DOUBLEPOST=1406573201][/DOUBLEPOST]
One more question! Does it make bedrock flat? I mean when you add it after world gen.

No, there's a separate mod for that.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
<your modpack's folder> -> minecraft -> config -> cofh -> worldcustomgen.txt

In that file, set the values in the final column to "true" then start the game and open your world.

Simples :)[DOUBLEPOST=1406573201][/DOUBLEPOST]

No, there's a separate mod for that.
Slowking said that you dont need to go edit config file... C'mon people! Come up with one answer to this question :D

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Best answer to this would be to check the config file either way to make sure it is all what you want before you start it up if you haven't made any backups, but even if you do check I would still make backups. I recommend checking the config file anyways to make sure everything is as you want it.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
He did answer
You have to enable flat bedrock in the cofh config before you generate the world.
flat bedrock can retrogen also its in CoFHWorld near the top

# If FlatBedrock is enabled, this will enforce it in previously generated chunks.
B:RetroactiveFlatBedrock=true

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
Guys! I did retrogen, but... I found just a few spots with generated thermal expansion 3 ores in already generated chunks :S how do i increase the number of retrogenerated ores? btw i did flat bedrock and it works fine.