[Help] Do not know how to continue FTB Ultimate

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I play with a friend on my Server FTB Ultimate.
We never played minecraft before and started straight forward with the ultimate pack 1,5 month ago.
This might be an error, since now it’s much harder for us to get the concepts of all mods in our head, but we put too much time in this world, just to start again.
Atm we are stucked, we have no clue how to advance and get some machines working. And also, we have some very basic questions that we can´t get answered by reading the wiki.

First of all a short list with what we got so you can see at wich point we are.

T5 Pigman trap = Unlimited Gold -> unlimited transmutation with minium stone ( Iron,obsidian,Diamonds…)
T5 Blazer Exp Trap
Skeleton Trap for Bonemeal
T5 Cow, Sheep, Chicken spawner
Charcoal farm (self-sustained)
Wood Farm (works with Charcoal)
Energie with (Geo)thermal Generator (Lava from nether)
Weed,sugar farms
An TP to a random created Age with lot of minerals, debuff= slow picking
Enchantment Room

Problems we have:

We are working in a hall of more or less 60x60x8.
We put some wrath-Lamps at the roof, to generate some light but we have no clue how to be sure no creeper comes in and explode just next to our chests/machines.
We put doors with pressure plates in front, but mobs will trigger this also.
Is there a way to know the light level at a specific point?

The Age we got with mistcraft, is pretty rich in minerals so it would be a good place for a quarry. Can you put them up there? With ender chests?

We got a industrial electrolyser last week and tried to give it some use yesterday. Stupid as we are we picked it with a pickaxe and it exploded J
To redo it now it says we need Refined Iron Plates which for we would need a Plate Bender Machine. But we never had one of this. So how were we able to create this the first time if the recipe wasn´t changed.
Is there a multi tool with which I can change the position of all IC,BC,… machines?

OK this is probably the biggest problem we have atm.
We tried hours to make the electrolyser work,… no success.
Where can I get information how the hole energy thing works?
As far as I understood, there are basically three types of energy. EU(IC), MF(BC), Redstone(nor really an energy more a signal)

Every machine need a specific type of energy. So I need to transform it in some cases if I just got EU as source but a MF machine. How would this work?
Also there are voltages, so I need to watch out to not over power a machine nor to give it to less input. Transformers do this for me.
Last but not least, every machine consumes different amount of energy this means it might work with 100EU/t but for recipe X 120EU/t is needed otherwise it won´t start.

In my particular situation I would like to get Aluminium, Titanium to be able to make a quarry and a router based sorting system for my barrels.
So I need to electrolyze bauxite dust with the industrial electrolyser. If wiki is not wrong, I would need 128EU/t on the electrolyser to make this work.
I have a full lava tank with a (geo)thermal generator connected to a battery with 128EU/T output connected with glass wire cables.
But it will not work L I´m lost.

Maybe, well very probably I’m trying to set something up what is out of range, since I do not have the basics up.

In another thread I got some help, with a similar problem and I watched “Ako_the_builder´s” beginners Guide, but it’s more a let’s play then a compact guide and it would cost a lot of time to watch all this J But still well done series.

11philip22

Jul 29, 2019
You can know where mobs spawn by pressing f7
Yes you can put a quarry in your age but you need to chunkload it
You need to give your machines enery all the time

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs spawning - not sure in ultimate, but in mindcrack pack you can press f7 to show monster spawning points. Use obsidian pressure plates to keep monsters out

mistcraft age - yes that works fine

electrolyzer recipe - yes the recipe changed

Eu to MJ conversion - use an electric engine

electrolyzer power - A dedicated MFE is the best approach. Make sure it's filled before you start running it. A full MFE will only allow a couple of Bauxite processes, it takes a lot of power. If the MFE is drained, the electrolyzer will drain (and waste) all power if you can't supply it with 128 eu/t. So in that case disconnect it from the MFE and let it fill up, then reconnect.

11philip22

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs spawning - not sure in ultimate, but in mindcrack pack you can press f7 to show monster spawning points. Use obsidian pressure plates to keep monsters out

mistcraft age - yes that works fine

electrolyzer recipe - yes the recipe changed

Eu to MJ conversion - use an electric engine

electrolyzer power - A dedicated MFE is the best approach. Make sure it's filled before you start running it. A full MFE will only allow a couple of Bauxite processes, it takes a lot of power. If the MFE is drained, the electrolyzer will drain (and waste) all power if you can't supply it with 128 eu/t. So in that case disconnect it from the MFE and let it fill up, then reconnect.
You can also use power confeferters its more efficient than engines

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
also if you wanna learn about voltages i will link you a video

it explains the basics of eu its in the old pack but the eu stuff hasnt changed

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
You can know where mobs spawn by pressing f7
Yes you can put a quarry in your age but you need to chunkload it
You need to give your machines enery all the time

Thank you both. 3 Problems resolved easyly :)

So last one is the electrolyzer .
If I got you right, I need a steady output of 128 Eu/t over some minutes to make it work with Bauxite?
This I can archive with loading a MFE completly with me thermalgenerator or even a normal coal generator and then after its loaded conect the electrolyzer to it via cabel(gold or classwire) and quit the conexion again after I finished all bauxile I wished.

Did I get this right?

Reactions: 11philip22

11philip22

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you both. 3 Problems resolved easyly :)

So last one is the electrolyzer .
If I got you right, I need a steady output of 128 Eu/t over some minutes to make it work with Bauxite?
This I can archive with loading a MFE completly with me thermalgenerator or even a normal coal generator and then after its loaded conect the electrolyzer to it via cabel(gold or classwire) and quit the conexion again after I finished all bauxile I wished.

Did I get this right?
Yes i think you got it right

Jul 29, 2019
I will happily explain the way the EU thing works via skype if you wish, but right now its 20 past 1 in the morning.
Simply:
Electrolyser will draw a constant 128 eu/t from your MFE. This will ONLY happen when it is processing something (in your base bauxite dust)
So in short have it in your wire line like so:
[ ] [E] [L] [m]
[M]--+--[L]---+

Where M: MFE
E: Industrial electrolyser
L: low voltage transformer (to avoid blowing up lv things like industrial centrifuge/macerator w/o upgrades)
m: and machine.
[ ]: empty space.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Something that's not mentioned, Buildcraft machines tend to be more sturdy than Eu using machines. You can have an array of engines producing 1000MJ/t and feeding it into a liquid transposer that draws 4MJ/t and the machine will be unaffected. Conductive pipes can pop with too much power built up(Not explode as only the pipe itself is destroyed), but energy conduits won't.

Make yourself an Omni-wrench, as it works with almost all the mods (not Applied energistics last I knew) That's what you can use to pull up machines without them exploding, shift-right click the side of a machine twice to pull it up. Right click the machine with it to change the active face to the side you clicked (Output of MFE, input of transformers, or machine face for most other things) Shift right click with the wrench once to get the active face to the opposite side of the one you clicked.

Also, greg-tech machines tend to be a bit funny with power, industrial electrolyzer, industrial centrifuge, industrial blast-furnace and a few more. If they run out of power half-way through an operation, they will reset their progress, and start again when they get an inkling of power. This results in greg-tech machines that run out of power draining your system completely of power until you disconnect them, and wait for the sufficient power to be built-up again.

last paragraph clarification: make sure you have enough power to finish an operation in a greg-tech machine before you start it. if you find yourself having no power, find the greg-tech machine saying insufficient energy source, disconnect it from the network until you have power.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I will happily explain the way the EU thing works via skype if you wish, but right now its 20 past 1 in the morning.
Simply:
Electrolyser will draw a constant 128 eu/t from your MFE. This will ONLY happen when it is processing something (in your base bauxite dust)
So in short have it in your wire line like so:
[ ] [E] [L] [m]
[M]--+--[L]---+

Where M: MFE
E: Industrial electrolyser
L: low voltage transformer (to avoid blowing up lv things like industrial centrifuge/macerator w/o upgrades)
m: and machine.
[ ]: empty space.

Hi, maybe this weekend I would like to come back to your offer of Skype. Since its a but complicated to exlain all this with writing.
Anyway i did test this yesterday and it does not work...

I did the folowing using your shortcuts: [-] = Glass wire cabel
1. Half charged-->[M][-][E]
2. Half charged-->[M][E]

and it does not work. I put manualy bauxileore/dust in the left side, and empty water cells in the left extreme side.
So it sould at least give me "low energy" or begin to do something. But nothing happens. Also no Eu stored in the MFE is drained...
The MFE is connected to the thermal generator

Jul 29, 2019
Also, greg-tech machines tend to be a bit funny with power, industrial electrolyzer, industrial centrifuge, industrial blast-furnace and a few more. If they run out of power half-way through an operation, they will reset their progress, and start again when they get an inkling of power. This results in greg-tech machines that run out of power draining your system completely of power until you disconnect them, and wait for the sufficient power to be built-up again.

This is intended for reasons unknown to me, but will rarely affect you if you have a full mfe. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1369998294][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi, maybe this weekend I would like to come back to your offer of Skype. Since its a but complicated to exlain all this with writing.
Anyway i did test this yesterday and it does not work...

I did the folowing using your shortcuts: [-] = Glass wire cabel
1. Half charged-->[M][-][E]
2. Half charged-->[M][E]

and it does not work. I put manually bauxite ore/dust in the left side, and empty water cells in the left extreme side.
So it sould at least give me "low energy" or begin to do something. But nothing happens. Also no Eu stored in the MFE is drained...
The MFE is connected to the thermal generator

Are you sure the MFE output (the little dot) is facing the right way? For IC2 storage cells (batbox, mfe, mfsu) they have inputs on every side bar one which is symbolized by a small dot. And i would advise fully charging your mfe if you're going to run a IE (industrial electrolyser) as it is VERY power hungry if run for a long time. If you wish to add me on skype then i will pm you my skype name, otherwise i can set up a test world to explain as it is much easier :)

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
also water cells is wrong i think for bauxite you need empty cells in the left altough maybe i got it wrong?

Jul 29, 2019
Shit yea, thanks for telling me that geiser
For GT machines you need cells, for industrial electrolyser and centrifuge you need empty cells. Water cells are for grinder.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
my bad... I wrote water cells, but I´m pritty sure I tried both. Water and empty cells.
Anyway I will check the Output side. I think did check it but not sure.

I will let you know, when I come home @ about 19:00 GMT+1

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
my bad... I wrote water cells, but I´m pritty sure I tried both. Water and empty cells.
Anyway I will check the Output side. I think did check it but not sure.

I will let you know, when I come home @ about 19:00 GMT+1

Another possible problem, the industrial electrolyzer and centrifuge (for when you use it) uses the items in sets. So when you look up a recipe, it will only proceed if its got the number of cells and items shown or more. So, for bauxite, you need 8 cells and 12 dust in the machine or more for it to run.

Jul 29, 2019
Recently skyped him and sorted it out, turns out he didnt have enough cells in the centrifuge and at one point he didnt have the power setup properly :p

Reactions: ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Recently skyped him and sorted it out, turns out he didnt have enough cells in the centrifuge and at one point he didnt have the power setup properly :p
Folks, pay attention. This is the sort of people we have in this community. He walked the lost forum member through, on skype. May we all live up to this.

Reactions: Dentvar