Help Desk Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/what-support-cant-the-help-desk-tech-support-offer.27862/

I have been posting here and on twitter, but since neither seem to be read, here's another attempt.

Help desk staff members are separate from forum staff. I am the most active staff member on the help desk. From 17 August until 31 August, I will not be able to maintain the tickets that are posted. I do not have reliable internet for my laptop, and I cannot provide adequate help for those posting tickets using my phone. I can't read the logs as well and I do not have access to the same resources I normally use. I also do not have the time while I'm away to tend to the tickets. If I am able I will try to respond to active, unassigned tickets.
I have been closing tickets that are posted requesting help that we do not offer. At this time I am unable to do more than that.

Due to my military obligations, I cannot just make time to work on the desk presently, otherwise, I would.

I should return home this weekend, once I've unpacked and cleaned everything I will tackle the growing backlog.

Thank you for your patience.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I have been able to get my phone to tether to my laptop somewhat reliably this evening.
(Apparently an incoming storm is helping?)

I am presently working on "easy" tickets to reduce the workload for myself later.
"Easy" tickets are the ones where I can provide a short and simple answer or solution to a question/problem. I then close the ticket.
Any issues that have been submitted that cannot be answered in such a way will remain unassigned until I can devote enough time to the problems.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Also side note, please refrain from:
Posting new tickets because I haven't answered your first ticket, it just wastes time
Jamming the Submit Ticket button, it creates copies of your ticket, and wastes time

And please just set your ticket priority to Normal. I change them all to normal as it is. I don't answer tickets based on the priorities the users input, I answer them in the order they are submitted.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Throughout the coming days I plan to try to work on the desk as best I can. Due to a medical issue I've been treating, I need to utilize pain relief methods frequently. During these times of rest I will be trying to reduce the backlog. I am still limited to what I can do during these times, but I will try my best to provide help when I can.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Throughout the coming days I plan to try to work on the desk as best I can. Due to a medical issue I've been treating, I need to utilize pain relief methods frequently. During these times of rest I will be trying to reduce the backlog. I am still limited to what I can do during these times, but I will try my best to provide help when I can.

Hope you get better soon Ashz :)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you both for your support, it's greatly appreciated.
The issue, sadly, cannot just be fixed, though I've been working with physical therapy to correct it.
Almost 3 months ago, I noticed a pain in my upper back that didn't go away with my usual relief techniques. When I went to my doctor, she told me I had deep muscular spasming occurring, which was steadily pulling my spine to the right. As the muscles tensed it began causing more spasms.
It's getting better, but a royal pain in the butt, and is getting in the way of my army training. Plus side is, once it's resolved I will be stronger (literally) for it, which should prevent future issues.
Just one more thing to pester me, that's all :)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft.net is having issues today.
follow me on twitter for status retweets or the mojang team for first hand knowledge

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Today is meant to be a "light" day for us. There's a lot of confusion over what's happening tomorrow leading into Saturday. Right now my phone has enough battery to afford me some internet usage. I hope to be able to clear up SOME of the backlog today. I've spent the last couple of days thinking about what I'll do if there is an extraordinary amount of tickets.
If the unassigned ticket amount reaches over 400, I will be mass replying and closing every one of them.
My planned response is the following:
As per the updates available on my Twitter account, and via the FTB forums (Read: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/help-desk-status.29985/) I have not been able to tend to the incoming tickets over the last 2 weeks. Since the amount of unassigned tickets has reached over the 400 ticket limit, I have decided to close all of the unassigned tickets.

To ensure you will receive the best help I can offer, please complete the following steps:

1. Read the troubleshooting guide found on the knowledgebase (Link:http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting). Follow the instructions provided there, as well as the additional information that has been provided at the bottom of the guide.

2. If the guide and additional information does not solve your problem, please read through the other articles on the Knowledgebase. I have been maintaining the Knowledgebase to the best of my ability, with the help of other members of the community, to ensure FTB users receive the most accurate and helpful information possible.

3. If the remaining articles provide no help to you, please read these two articles. The first is a small assembly of known issues, which may provide you with at least some information. (Link: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...ew/51/0/known-not-yet-fixed-bugsissue-tracker) The second is a list of all services we do not provide. (Link: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...ew/48/0/what-support-cant-the-help-desk-offer)

4. If the problem you have experienced has not been solved by completing the above steps, please open a new ticket and provide the following information:

a. Client-Side console log. The console is the other window that opens when you open your launcher. It contains information that I will need to provide you with the best assistance I can. Put your log on pastebin.com and provide the link to your log in your ticket. (Read: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it)
b. A brief description of the problem you are experiencing. Eg. "I click 'Launch' and the buttons grey out, and no progress is made" or "I am unable to create a profile in the launcher"
c. Any other troubleshooting steps you may have taken. Eg. "I've tried on two separate machines, running different operating systems, and the same error occurs" Note: if this is the case for anyone, please provide the log from both instances, as it may contain crucial information regarding the issues you're experiencing.

If you provide me with these things, I will be able to provide you with the best assistance I am able. If you provide evidence of having not completed the troubleshooting guide as I have requested, I will respond to your ticket in the exact manner I would under normal circumstances. That will be requesting you complete the steps, and asking for a log. This is why I am asking everyone to do this first, so we can start from the best place possible, which is square one.
If your ticket was released by me, and still resides in the unassigned box it is also being included in this process.

Thank you for your understanding.

TL;DR:
I have been away. There are too many tickets for me to handle.
Please complete this guide ( Link:http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting ).
If problem persists, please provide your console log ( Read: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it ) and a description of the problem in a new ticket.

Reactions: Staxed

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I just went through and was able to close/delete a total of 8 tickets. Which brings the total to 399.
Just an update for anyone wondering.
Upcoming timeline:
I will be home on Saturday. I will have things to do at home, then hubby and I will be going out to dinner. Unless a miracle happens, I'll be mass closing at some point Saturday.

trade12

Jul 29, 2019
they need more people working on this tech support in order to releave the load of such people like you, its not fair having to do so much without the help of others. best of luck and hope you get better in the future.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
There are others. The problem lies with their real life responsibilities.
I made a commitment to this community, and I plan to follow through.
I only expect a thank you every now and again, and for me, it's enough.

trade12

Jul 29, 2019
I agree it doesn't cost anything for a thank you, I applied for the support team role when CaptainNana put up a thread about it but haven't had a reply - they should have a page listing all the staff that work on this site to give them some credit

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'm home!
And the winning number is 425 (Presently, I may extend the total closure amount to whenever I get around to it)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Complete. 425 is the winning number. Took 20 minutes to mass reply to all tickets and place them in the Trash bin.

Please note:
I elected to utilize the Trash feature rather than the Close feature to prevent users from sending nasty-grams in response to the log wait time/closure of their tickets.

Law/Vau/Jaded feel free to lock this now :)

Reactions: Lawbroken
Status
Not open for further replies.