Help another noob (Tinkers Construct Smeltery)

imGreggzyy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I seem to be making some kind of mistake with the Tinkers Construct mod. I have attached a video showing my problem. Basically I can't get my smeltery to pour any liquid into my casting table. It goes into the basin fine but not the table. I've followed step by step on multiple tutorials to try and rebuild my smeltery, but it doesn't seem to work. Help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys!!

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
you need to have another look at the book.

You need the entire layer of smeltery to be constructed before ANY of the blocks on that layer will work.

imGreggzyy

Jul 29, 2019
you need to have another look at the book.

You need the entire layer of smeltery to be constructed before ANY of the blocks on that layer will work.
I think I understand what you mean, but why does it work on the Basin but not the table?

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
[DOUBLEPOST=1387733868][/DOUBLEPOST]1st of all you can't pour from that side of that block/only the side with the small hole with faucet attached, if u replaced the basin with the table and the proper cast u could, 2nd u cant pour into a wooden pattern, only a cast made from gold or aluminium brass... watch the above spotlight it will explain everything in detail :)

Last edited:

imGreggzyy

Jul 29, 2019
I've sorted the problem. I didn't realise you couldn't use iron to create casts etc. Used gold and its working beautifully now! Thanks for the quick response!

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
and I do remember in the new Tinker's construct you can not use wooden patterns to make the metal patterns... unless its also a config?

Last edited:

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
only aluminium brass and gold can be used to make casts.

Your smeltery still isn't valid. As I said, go look at the book you get (I forget which colour book it is, sorry) and copy their design. Only when you know what you're doing with tinkers would I suggest you experiment.

imGreggzyy

Jul 29, 2019
only aluminium brass and gold can be used to make casts.

Your smeltery still isn't valid. As I said, go look at the book you get (I forget which colour book it is, sorry) and copy their design. Only when you know what you're doing with tinkers would I suggest you experiment.
How is it not valid? It's working perfectly fine now. Everything smelts, I can create casts and fill casts. I have built it in the same way as other working smelterys (Within the last month or so, meaning its up to date) and I see no problems with it at the moment.

Crea

Jul 29, 2019

Seems like you're referring to how his drain is the only block on the second layer, this actually work fine. My first smeltery in new games are all like that, since I dislike having the drain at the bottom layer.