Hellsing - The Battle of London (Game Thread)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Like I was assuming it wasn't so horribly skewed that all five wolf roles were in play. i thought there was at least one surviving goose other than me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks for the game @RJS, hope you do it again :)

For the record:
* Wasn't sure if Shazam was a wolf or villager, didn't care
* Knew Lethosos was the seer, had to kill him
* Was genuinely pretty sure fowltief was a wolf (I was right that the wolves were all lying low, except for Cheese, who came off wolfy anyway)
* I executed my Crusade 1 day early because I was afraid that if fowltief was a wolf, the wolves would come after me, and I'd need my extra life. They did. RJS forgot my extra life (it wouldn't have made a big difference anyway to be perfectly honest)

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the game @RJS, hope you do it again :)

For the record:
* Wasn't sure if Shazam was a wolf or villager, didn't care
* Knew Lethosos was the seer, had to kill him
* Was genuinely pretty sure fowltief was a wolf (I was right that the wolves were all lying low, except for Cheese, who came off wolfy anyway)
* I executed my Crusade 1 day early because I was afraid that if fowltief was a wolf, the wolves would come after me, and I'd need my extra life. They did. RJS forgot my extra life (it wouldn't have made a big difference anyway to be perfectly honest)

i was starting to think you were Sir Integra or alucard and after people started looking towards me i was worried i was going to die the next day and you'd be protected. The rest of the group already said you talked to much and i just wanted to make sure it went though with rips ability. Cheese said to save it, Someone else thought it was best bet so we took it. didn't expect to stop a crusade on day one..

Reactions: Pyure

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Eru really got unlucky on the last night. For starters, he attacked the Major, when any other Millenium would have given him a shot at winning. Had he used both his and Anderson's power to kill off two wolves, one of whom was Schrodinger, the town would have gone on to win in a vicious slugfest of numbers vs lives.
Oh crud.

GG everybotten

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
HAH I WAS RIGHT!

But seriously though? a 16 player game with 5 wolves? holy crap dude.

Like I was assuming it wasn't so horribly skewed that all five wolf roles were in play. i thought there was at least one surviving goose other than me.

Funny thing is, even with those odds the town had a strong chance of winning. A wolf hitting Integra at night, Alucard picking up a hitlist, Schrodinger getting sniped early. All of those could have really screwed over the wolves. I mean, the town lost most of its power roles in the first two days, never managed to lynch a single wolf and yet could have won from a situation where they were outnumbered.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Funny thing is, even with those odds the town had a strong chance of winning. A wolf hitting Integra at night, Alucard picking up a hitlist, Schrodinger getting sniped early. All of those could have really screwed over the wolves. I mean, the town lost most of its power roles in the first two days, never managed to lynch a single wolf and yet could have won from a situation where they were outnumbered.
The thing is though, us normal peeps were just powerless at that point. I was thinking that we weren't outnumbered yet, and was trying like hell to figure out who the wolves were and get a wolf lynched. Then it turns out that getting a wolf lynched would be entirely impossible at that point. Still I'm happy that I figured it out in the end.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
The thing is though, us normal peeps were just powerless at that point. I was thinking that we weren't outnumbered yet, and was trying like hell to figure out who the wolves were and get a wolf lynched. Then it turns out that getting a wolf lynched would be entirely impossible at that point. Still I'm happy that I figured it out in the end.
I literally had zero reason to try and make myself look like a villager, I was just fucking around with you at that point xD. By the way, I don't think it was unbalanced. The village literally had two roles that could survive a wolf kill, and when fowl used his bullet he could've fucked us over so much, but luckily we got control of the lynch. Gg everybody

Also, has anyone noticed this is one of the very few games that I survive to the end in.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I literally had zero reason to try and make myself look like a villager, I was just fucking around with you at that point xD. By the way, I don't think it was unbalanced. The village literally had two roles that could survive a wolf kill, and when fowl used his bullet he could've fucked us over so much, but luckily we got control of the lynch. Gg everybody

Also, has anyone noticed this is one of the very few games that I survive to the end in.
I think the prevailing opinion was that it was a bit unbalanced in favor of the wolves. From a totally neutral perspective I'm inclined to agree.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Integra protects herself from one attack every night, roleblocking the attacker. Than Alucard could've attacked and maybe kill a wolf that could kill, thus we had a bigger advantage.

Edit: Grammar
You transformed a "probably" into a "maybe" there :p

Once the wolves knew who Integra was, they had a couple tricks up their sleeves to destroy her, including: A kill-through-everything power, and a secondary kill on top of wolfkill. And they were holding back on using those powers until they really needed them.

I actually mentioned this in my play-by-play to RJS: I was claiming Integra to at least two or three people that I felt were villagers. It was a fairly good claim. But I had to be careful: if I claimed Integra to the wrong person, I'd end up on the wrong end of a massive kill power.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Integra protects herself from one attack every night, roleblocking the attacker. Than Alucard could've attacked and maybe kill a wolf that could kill, thus we had a bigger advantage.

Edit: Grammar
we had no reason to suspect you. if you spoke more and made yourself a target (like pyure.) then you would of been targeted. once blocked tho we would have an idea who you are. forcing us to have wasted a night giving town more of a chance cause we know we need another night with extra power to take you town. those two days could of made a big difference early on.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
You transformed a "probably" into a "maybe" there :p

Once the wolves knew who Integra was, they had a couple tricks up their sleeves to destroy her, including: A kill-through-everything power, and a secondary kill on top of wolfkill. And they were holding back on using those powers until they really needed them.

I actually mentioned this in my play-by-play to RJS: I was claiming Integra to at least two or three people that I felt were villagers. It was a fairly good claim. But I had to be careful: if I claimed Integra to the wrong person, I'd end up on the wrong end of a massive kill power.
That could've said the village, maybe.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I think the prevailing opinion was that it was a bit unbalanced in favor of the wolves. From a totally neutral perspective I'm inclined to agree.
No, seriously, I know it's hard to say it wasn't in our favour because we won, but think about it like this:

Say fowl had wasted his power early on or died (both quite likely) there would have been a villager that we literally COULD NOT KILL until we had majority, no matter how suspicious that person got of us wolves. Also, there was a role that confirmed itself! It had two lives, and could get EVEN MORE. That's SO UNBALANCED! Say Alucard killed even just one wolf, there would be a confirmed villager for two whole days! Confirmed villagers are op AS HELL. Never mind if they can live more than one day! Also, bodyguard that kills a wolf on protection! I've ALWAYS hated them, it's just like, boop, your guy that had great cover and was trusted before is dead now. MUCH SKILL INVOLVED. Seriously, I am being completely honest here, I think it was actually skewed towards the VILLAGE but we still won. I'm not saying this to make myself look good or anything, pyure basically won us the game, that is my HONEST opinion.

Reactions: goreae