Hello FTB. Technic Player Here!

What mod pack started you on modded minecraft?

• Total voters

lukeb28

Jul 29, 2019
Few things to know about me and why I'm here and not on Technic:

I come from the tekkit forums to here to get more of a feel for the whole mod pack community so that when I post on the Technic forums on topics that are FTB vs. Technic, I can be much better informed.

Some people might know me for my debate in the Technic forums. This is why I am here. I like to have a good debate and the more I know the better I can debate.

Now before anyone starts to ask why I play Technic and not FTB, I will answer:

I stay to my roots.

I started in Technic and I will stay there to the day it dies.
As much as I love the fact FTB is updated, I stay to my roots and continue in 1.2.5 happily.

Also, I am not here to be a casual observer of everything.
I am here to lurk and interject my thoughts when I feel it is appropriate.

I try to stay unbiased but it is unavoidable for me to always be due to my love of Technic as it is for all of you here in the FTB forums for FTB.

Happy posting and happy crafting!

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, welcome to the FTB forums. Good luck with your mission. Just try not to start any flame wars please, we had enough of that already.

lukeb28

Jul 29, 2019
Good to see you again Ash. I do not intend to start any flame wars or participate in any. I'm a debater, not a flamer.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Now before anyone starts to ask why I play Technic and not FTB, I will answer:

I stay to my roots.

I started in Technic and I will stay there to the day it dies.
As much as I love the fact FTB is updated, I stay to my roots and continue in 1.2.5 happily.

Not posting this in any way to be insulting or anything even if this comes across as such, however the philosophy you seem to be showing above of stick to your roots seems a little silly to me. Its kinda like saying that your first computer was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum so you are never going to use any other type of computer to stick to your roots. I dont really see why you would want to stay on a less updated mod pack with less support that has not changed MC version for several months. Maybe if FTB and Technic were equal in terms of what they offered and were at the same version (you may be one of the few people that prefer 1.2.5 to other versions for some reason have seen a couple of them before but that is not what you seem to indicate in your post) then I would understand what you mean however at the minute you are settling for a lesser product.

Just curious as to why that is.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Not posting this in any way to be insulting or anything even if this comes across as such, however the philosophy you seem to be showing above of stick to your roots seems a little silly to me. Its kinda like saying that your first computer was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum so you are never going to use any other type of computer to stick to your roots. I dont really see why you would want to stay on a less updated mod pack with less support that has not changed MC version for several months. Maybe if FTB and Technic were equal in terms of what they offered and were at the same version (you may be one of the few people that prefer 1.2.5 to other versions for some reason have seen a couple of them before but that is not what you seem to indicate in your post) then I would understand what you mean however at the minute you are settling for a lesser product.

Just curious as to why that is.

Technic isn't stuck on 1.2.5, you just have to manually select the build. Tekkit lite is at 1.4.7 and gets regular updates.

So I guess he just likes 1.2.5...

lukeb28

Jul 29, 2019
I wont fill the screen with your post.

It's just a philosophy I go by. I'm not stuck in the past, I'm just waiting to move on with what I have used from the get-go.

Technic isn't stuck on 1.2.5, you just have to manually select the build. Tekkit lite is at 1.4.7 and gets regular updates.

So I guess he just likes 1.2.5...
Actually I would love to move on but I run a server in classic that I cannot abandon. The player base is still strong since tekkit lite does not use bukket. No bukket = No good plugins = Cruddy servers.

Don't get me wrong. Some people make tekkit lite servers work and I applaud them. They are however very difficult to run hence why my server uses classic.

Once the new launcher comes out the server I help run will be turned into a custom server with up-to-date mods.

ampayne2

Jul 29, 2019
The new launcher has been out ;)
Im in mostly the same situation as you, running a classic server but trying to decide between FTB or custom modpack.

lukeb28

Jul 29, 2019
The new launcher has been out ;)
I mean when it becomes the standard launcher and everyone uses it. (IE all the lazy people like me!)

Edit: Oh wait... It is!!! Wow. I derped hard there. I've been texturing some things for a new mod for a friend so I haven't been able to keep up with that. Time to test it out!

Reactions: ampayne2