Hello, beasts!

Gato70

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there! I'm here making this because I've recently gotten way back into FTB, neglecting most of my other hobbies (and friends) to spend an insane amount of time building a massive gothic cathedral that I've dubbed Cor Virtis. It's all been within FTB Infinity, but I've found myself gravitating to the magic mods like Thaumcraft and Botania much more than any of the others in the pack. (That is liable to change though, as I played plenty of TPPI a while back and did only techy stuff.)

I used to spend huge amounts of time on a vanilla (economy+bukkit) server, where I accumulated thousands of diamonds that filled a giant vault (to just to be called a hacker by just about everyone :D ) Although I accumulated 16K+ diamonds on that SMP server, I'm much more proud of the 20 block tall, 3 block wide, 101 towered, Great Wall that I built around my home desert biome to claim the whole thing as my house so I could world protect the city I built within it. I've branched out a lot since then and played a ton of various strategy and other sandbox games on steam, but Minecraft is still my "core" game that continually sucks me back in.

I've built a lot of things in minecraft, most of the really good ones are kind of funny builds with those little details that make it better.
For instance one time on TPPI I needed to sort villagers for their trades and I made a very dystopian villager sorter that dropped in a villager for one to press a red "NEXT" button (that disintegrated them) and a green "SAVE" button that dropped them through the floor into a good-trades room. I had an in-game radio playing classical music the whole time for effect. It was awesome. More recently I've made a little golem sweatshop (complete with worn looking "motivational" posters and cobwebs) to process my ores and it's objectionably hilarious.
The more serious builds have been mostly very large and futuristic-looking constructs, but recently I've become a fan of more steampunk, gothic, and magical design. I tend not to make under-ground bases as my philosophy behind them is that it looks much better to have a "village" of interconnected buildings that all share a theme rather than a totally hidden series of corridors that you can't step back and look at from afar.

I'm 18 and I've been looking around for a small, mature FTB server that keeps itself regulated mostly through common sense and non-pvp rather than sweeping item-bans, and also has all the Thuamcraft expansions that I cannot live without now (talking about you, Automagy). (Feel free to invite me to yours)

I think of myself as a fairly talented builder, a totally insane mage, and generally as an odd fellow.

Anywho, I'm happy to be on the forums here, looking at all these beautiful builds, mods, and people!

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy Gato70,

You should check out the Chrome Prophecies server in the Aura Fury community www.aurafury.com. Were a small FTB community that is 18+. We've got a modern city community build going and I'd love to start a smaller project building a gothic style town. We'd love to have you :)

You should post some pics of your builds too, they sound pretty awesome!

Reactions: Gato70

Gato70

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy Gato70,

You should check out the Chrome Prophecies server in the Aura Fury community www.aurafury.com. Were a small FTB community that is 18+. We've got a modern city community build going and I'd love to start a smaller project building a gothic style town. We'd love to have you :)

You should post some pics of your builds too, they sound pretty awesome!

I have a few of them uploaded here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/lets-see-some-bases-give-us-a-tour.5793/page-108 and here: http://imgur.com/a/WeXlB
And I just might look into that server of yours, it looks like a nice little community :D