Hello all

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

Ive been playing minecraft for about 6 months now with some good friends of mine and ive been having a lot of fun with it, well I say minecraft but I don't think ive played more than 4 hours out vanilla. Ive been using the Technic platform exclusively and playing Tekkit and Hexit but im looking to expand my horizons.

A lot of the mod spotlights ive seen seem to be using the feed the beast pack so I thought id come and have a look here.

I do have a couple of quick questions though.

Firstly does FTB have a launcher like Technic? Ive seen some reference to a launcher but it seems to be something on the way.

If it dosnt have a launcher is there a complete beginers guide to getting started.

B.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Welcome to the Forums!

to answer your first question, feed the beast does have its own launcher, however it does not have a "technic platform" where people can make their own packs using ANY mod. Instead you must organise your modpack on the forums, get all the permissions and send it to the team to get a Private Pack Code on the launcher. The FTB Launcher is currently getting a facelift and its looking to be epic. To get the launcher simply go to http://feed-the-beast.com/ and download the .exe (for windows) or .jar (for mac and linux)

to answer your second question, there are plenty of getting started guides. Have a look at this wonderful thread containing a library of resources for you http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/collected-guides-thread.213/. I recommend starting on the FTB Unleashed pack for starters as the other packs are too hardcore for the casual player

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the warm welcome,

~Yeah got the launcher working, now I need to work out how to get a server up so I can convince my friends to drop there Technic stuff and come over here :)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the warm welcome,

~Yeah got the launcher working, now I need to work out how to get a server up so I can convince my friends to drop there Technic stuff and come over here :)

It's simple, just use words like "Shiny!", "New!", "Challenging!" and they will come running

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks :) and getting a server started seemed easy enough, just hope it runs ok of my PC without too much lag.

Hmm it feel very stuttery with just me on, Ill have a dig about for advice but anything anyone can think of would be great.

Im using an i7 cpu with 8gb ram on win 64

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my god, what is with the sudden interest in introductions? I'm telling you guys, it's all in the avatar. That's the key.