Having trouble figuring out FTB? Don't worry, it could be worse

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Used to play Technic, as well...never got into Tekkit much at all. All the servers I tried to join were full of either griefers or pretentious, unhelpful douchebags. Learned about FTB from direwolf20...and I learned about him from Eloraam's site, lol.

Now, to watch the horror...

[ETA]
Okay, I had to stop after, like, two minutes. Dude, seriously, you don't need to talk all the way thru an LP. Shut. The fuck. UP. Trying way, way, way too hard to be funny, and failing miserably.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's why I don't like his LPs. I do like his literal trailers and his 2 songs he made. I'm not sure if he has any more songs but god he doesn't have to talk all the da*n time. That was annoying, I just skipped to the parts where he didn't know what to do with the copper and the tin. And the other ore he couldn't mine.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's why I don't like his LPs. I do like his literal trailers and his 2 songs he made. I'm not sure if he has any more songs but god he doesn't have to talk all the da*n time. That was annoying, I just skipped to the parts where he didn't know what to do with the copper and the tin. And the other ore he couldn't mine.
Yes, he's made many songs.

I just wish he could be a bit more observant: in the latest episode, he makes a stone axe, forgetting that in the previous episode he made an iron axe, which is sitting unused in his hotbar. And he's continually filling up his inventory and throwing out potentially useful stuff to make room for whatever random thing he wants to pick up. He does seem to know that there's bags available to hold more, though I doubt he'll figure out how to make one.
His reaction to discovering marble was hilarious though :p

Dude, seriously, you don't need to talk all the way thru an LP.
Toby's style of game videos is not so much the typical LP, but more akin to stand-up comedy, but sitting down. Sit-down comedy, if you will. Stand-up, if you won't.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, he's made many songs.

I just wish he could be a bit more observant: in the latest episode, he makes a stone axe, forgetting that in the previous episode he made an iron axe, which is sitting unused in his hotbar. And he's continually filling up his inventory and throwing out potentially useful stuff to make room for whatever random thing he wants to pick up. He does seem to know that there's bags available to hold more, though I doubt he'll figure out how to make one.
His reaction to discovering marble was hilarious though :p

It's toby. He knows a large number of his watch him becuase hes bad at games.

Sometimes I wonder if really is that bad or if it is just an act.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Certainly there's some performance involved (well, a lot), but he definitely isn't particularly good at playing. Maybe if he just focused on the one game for a week and carefully studied the wiki (not likely as he doesn't like to read) he could be fairly decent, but that just isn't his style and he doesn't really have time for that given all the other projects he works on for his other channels. Since it's over 240 episodes, I don't expect him to get any better.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh god.... Im a sick sick shoop. I totaly want to see Toby play demon souls or dark souls now.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
-Ninjas in-
Well, I must say that I try to go for the comedy routine a bit, but I try to make jokes on the stuff I do, and not on an act that I perform. I guess it depends on what you become "famous" for. I like to try to at least appear knowledgable on what I do, but I do end up with a few derps now and then.
That said, that is gosh-darn aweful!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If I ever get the software to do it and the guts to. I will forewarn you all any LP from me would be odd. I'm a fairly silly person at times.

Hell I am a Shoop after all.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
I can't appreciate someone who only got popular for acting like a fool on camera. Not to mention the way his fans ravage about other videos and say they are somehow "worse" then his. Same goes for Pewdiepie.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I can't appreciate someone who only got popular for acting like a fool on camera. Not to mention the way his fans ravage about other videos and say they are somehow "worse" then his. Same goes for Pewdiepie.
I have no idea why he's popular... but then... I used to think the yogscast were the height of comedy... I grew up XD

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in all seriousness, I just think everyone has different tastes. Sure, some of the tastes ... suck, however it doesn't mean everyone who watches them have the brain of a 5 year old.

...You know, I started this post seriously, but now I am thinking of kittens. Carry on!

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes when I watch Toby I'm entertained, sometimes I'm constantly facepalming, and sometimes it gets to be too much, particularly when he's particularly obtuse and accomplishes nothing without even failing spectacularly. So, yeah, it's a matter of taste. (I just wish he'd play Skyrim again, as I was enjoying that fairly well. It's harder to go backwards in Skyrim than in Minecraft.)