Bug Having problems with HQM

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
So I am working on my Fallen Star Path to Ascension modpack, but recently HQM has been acting up and I don't know how to get it to behave. Here is what has been happening.

1. When I start a new world to test out a new iteration of the pack, the quest book has stopped appearing in my inventory. Not only that, but it also does not start in questing mode. Now, I have checked the configs, and I haven't made any changes to it, and everything is set as it is supposed to be. This leaves me stumped as to what is causing this to happen.

2. I like to test out my quests as I create them to check to make sure they work and that the rewards are correct for what the player needs at the moment. However, everytime I go back into a saved world to resume writing the quests, I find that not only has it not saved my progress with the quests, but it also has taken me off questing mode.

I plan on applying my pack to FTB as a thirdparty modpack soon so that the pack can leave it's prototype phase and go into the alpha phase, but these problem must be resolved before I do that.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Did you generate the World in creative Mode? Maybe thats causing the Bug

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Both these issues are just general weirdness that happens with edit mode enabled, as soon as you disable that for a release questing mode will persist activated and the book will correctly be given on starting a new world. As for your quests disappearing when testing:
1. why aren't you just testing and writing quests in the same world?
2. Are you sure you're actually telling the book to save the changes you're making?

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
quests don't disappear, they are still there I do save. The problem is that it doesn't save my progress in the quests. maybe that has to do with it being on edit mode too.