Has anyone scanned EVERY item in Infinity? *Thaum*

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Screw that. I'd rather spend the 16 hours it would take to craft/scan everything and do... I don't know... Crack? Yeah, I think I'd rather do crack. It would be just as productive, and I'd have less headache and violent outbursts.

Seriously, if this if fun, I quit.

You need to understand something simple: People are different and enjoy different things.

Just that. You enjoy crack, I enjoy having a huge floor that covers like 20 chunks made of every block possible.. Main reason minecraft has the reach it has, is because it's a sandbox in which there is place for almost anyones entertainment. Of course you are welcome to quit if you can't get it xD

Reactions: pizzawolf14

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Storage subnet 1 -> Export bus -> Inventory -> Thaumcraft automatic scanner thingy -> Inventory -> Import bus -> Final storage subnet

Declare victory :)

Yep, this will help gratly to shorten the time it takes, I was going to use a dropper with a timer to scan manually everything, but this is far better xD

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
You need to understand something simple: People are different and enjoy different things.

Just that. You enjoy crack, I enjoy having a huge floor that covers like 20 chunks made of every block possible.. Main reason minecraft has the reach it has, is because it's a sandbox in which there is place for almost anyones entertainment. Of course you are welcome to quit if you can't get it xD

I think you mistook my post for something telling you how to play your game or how to spend your time. This is not the case. I simply insist that I personally have better things to do than to craft menial scrap to scan for no good reason, that's all. The knock about doing crack being a better option was simply a way of letting people know exactly how useless an enterprise I viewed this to be.

Feel free to do this, if its what floats your boat. I can have my fun in a number of more productive ways (again, in my opinion).

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
You enjoy crack
6g3mj2S.gif

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well that sounds as much fun as a swim in an outhouse pit. Scanning just plain sucks. Although the mod thaumic expansion makes it painless with its scanner machine, whatever its called...I highly recommend it but it wont work with the latest cofhlib. (the previous version works)

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Well that sounds as much fun as a swim in an outhouse pit. Scanning just plain sucks. Although the mod thaumic expansion makes it painless with its scanner machine, whatever its called...I highly recommend it but it wont work with the latest cofhlib. (the previous version works)

Well, in a late game world in which you have basically everything automated, staring at a wall while a quarry fills your Me is not really fun either.. But we do it because more is better.. Same deal here...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in a late game world in which you have basically everything automated, staring at a wall while a quarry fills your Me is not really fun either.. But we do it because more is better.. Same deal here...

I don't watch my ME fill up. I trust that my automation is doing its thing (until proven otherwise) and I try to explore new areas/dimensions while building interesting things in the terrain I find. In these places, I try to build interesting contraptions that do stuff, not all of which is useful or productive. To me, that's the point of the quarry and ME combo in the first place - take away the needs so I have time for the wants. Moreso when I have my Logistics Pipes Remote Orderer system allowing for instant delivery of any and all goods in my ME no matter where I end up.