Has anyone scanned EVERY item in Infinity? *Thaum*

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think anyone has, simply because nobody makes every item and block it's possible to make in such a pack.

I did in infinity (Except microblocks, of course) and had a museum of them :p It's actually easy once you have an ME setup and you explored for a while xD

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I'm calling BS, not because I'm distrustful but because there's just such a insanely sheer number of items that its gotta be virtually impossible to hit everything.

Its also hard to prove (scientifically).

You can't have a museum of "Items".. It was only blocks, but it isn't really that much tbh... Again, with ME it only takes like 10 hours to have every block in the game (In late when you have all the resources) and translating that to items wouldn't be that difficult.. Also, I meant ultimate, not infinity.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
You can't have a museum of "Items".. It was only blocks, but it isn't really that much tbh... Again, with ME it only takes like 10 hours to have every block in the game (In late when you have all the resources) and translating that to items wouldn't be that difficult.. Also, I meant ultimate, not infinity.

Thaumcraft pedestals. Items on display :)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
When you say there "isn't really all that much" I'm guessing there is a lot of items you can't scan, or won't get anything from.. I'm just starting Thaumcraft in 1.7.1 (after taking a long break from Thaumcraft because 'eff researching all over again), and have seen quite a few items that you "can't learn anything" from.. But still... I agree with Pyure... Shenanigans abound! :p:p:p

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
When you say there "isn't really all that much" I'm guessing there is a lot of items you can't scan, or won't get anything from.. I'm just starting Thaumcraft in 1.7.1 (after taking a long break from Thaumcraft because 'eff researching all over again), and have seen quite a few items that you "can't learn anything" from.. But still... I agree with Pyure... Shenanigans abound! :p:p:p

Of course, for example microblocks, tico stuff.. All that shit that is infinite would take too much time xD Besides the fact that you can't scan them :p

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
There is a thaumcraft automation with a "pipe" that when items pass through it, they get scanned.

In theory, you could go into creative, set up an item collection system, pass the items through the device, and then into a trash can on the other side, and then just go through dragging items out of nei, and into the world, for every single item.

You'd have the most complete possible thauminomicron.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Storage subnet 1 -> Export bus -> Inventory -> Thaumcraft automatic scanner thingy -> Inventory -> Import bus -> Final storage subnet

Declare victory :)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Storage subnet 1 -> Export bus -> Inventory -> Thaumcraft automatic scanner thingy -> Inventory -> Import bus -> Final storage subnet

Declare victory :)
Which item is that....this thing that can scan automatically? I could not find anything like that.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Why would anyone ever want to do so? Scan what you have near to begin with. Then scan what you craft. Then scan what give hidden stuff. Then just scan nodes if you need more research points.
I find this mechanic so damn boring(wish we could go back to the old research system, but choose what to research), don't need to prolong it even further :p

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Why would anyone ever want to do so? Scan what you have near to begin with. Then scan what you craft. Then scan what give hidden stuff. Then just scan nodes if you need more research points.
I find this mechanic so damn boring(wish we could go back to the old research system, but choose what to research), don't need to prolong it even further :p

Completion purposes tbh.. And besides that, it gives me a goal to complete everything in minecraft, which I usually don't because there is a point in which you are so OP everything is so easy that you don't want to do anything anymore.. But having a huge goal like this helps.. Did it in monster with my block museum and that took a LONG while, and the completion of EVERY mod, and then like 10 hours in an ME system and the time it took my turtle to finish it :p I have to say it was fun as you can get... Problem is my fps died so that world became unusable, but that's the end of it.. You should try doing something like this, it may seem boring but when you finish the feeling of "Holy shit, I did it!!!" is AWESOME

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Completion purposes tbh.. And besides that, it gives me a goal to complete everything in minecraft, which I usually don't because there is a point in which you are so OP everything is so easy that you don't want to do anything anymore.. But having a huge goal like this helps.. Did it in monster with my block museum and that took a LONG while, and the completion of EVERY mod, and then like 10 hours in an ME system and the time it took my turtle to finish it :p I have to say it was fun as you can get... Problem is my fps died so that world became unusable, but that's the end of it.. You should try doing something like this, it may seem boring but when you finish the feeling of "Holy shit, I did it!!!" is AWESOME

Screw that. I'd rather spend the 16 hours it would take to craft/scan everything and do... I don't know... Crack? Yeah, I think I'd rather do crack. It would be just as productive, and I'd have less headache and violent outbursts.

Seriously, if this if fun, I quit.