Has anybody moved their base yet with the AE rv14 pylons ?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like this can be used to store, extract, and move arbitrarily large chunks of world volume. I'm wondering if the NBT (and other ?) state data is kept such that *any* block and entity can be moved and its state saved. If so, this will make base moves much, much easier.

Also, might be cool to go all "Forgotten Realms Shadovar", carve off the top of an Extreme Hills mountain, turn that upside down, floating in the air, and use that as my base. Moving a few Jungle chunks into the Nether and using that as my base might also be cool.

Latest AE rv14 change log here : http://ae-mod.info/dev/
Video here :

Anybody done this yet ?

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a thought - carry your base with you, in your inventory. No permanent base :)

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I think mod blocks have to opt in to be moved by the spatial pylons to prevent problems. I don't know what mods have.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, yeah, probably hardly any, and we can't count on every mod opting in. Still, great for (re)moving landscape, though.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, while eating your chunk and/or inventory files.

Slowpoke said:
Mod: DartCraft + Thermal Expansion
Bug: Interactions of the Force Wrench with some Thermal Expansion objects that already store relevant NBT data when normally wrenched will lead to crash bugs from viewing in inventory or placing back in world. Most consistent case is Portable Tank with liquid, but this also has occured for some with Redstone Cells and the various Tesseracts when they are actively transmitting. This crash will remain in state in the world whenever the offending chunk is loaded.
Fix: Not a fix per se, but use the correct wrenches when interacting with TE objects. Since TE already keeps energy/storage values on the blocks you lose nothing doing it the old-fashioned way, so there is no need to Force Wrench.
Relevant Log: http://pastebin.com/9d5AYcZ2 (Wrench-Tank example), http://pastebin.com/Kup6hRzf (Energy Tesseract) -- Authors are informed -- Bluedart has said he will fix it. (Fix slated for 1.1.4)

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
No reason to apologize. I'm just making sure anyone else who came in here and didn't know about the force wrench was aware of the associated world-damaging crash bug.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
No reason to apologize. I'm just making sure anyone else who came in here and didn't know about the force wrench was aware of the associated world-damaging crash bug.

I wasn't aware that it crashed worlds, aside from the one with AE. I only ever use it early game or for extra inventory space. I prefer to use a Gravity Gun normally. That or I'd use a complicated piston system to move spawners across the landscape.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Now lets see it do mod blocks. I wonder how it'll handle things like Ars magica nexuses. (the chalk thing that's placed)

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Now lets see it do mod blocks. I wonder how it'll handle things like Ars magica nexuses. (the chalk thing that's placed)

It fails the transfer if it detects a block in the target area that isn't movable. By default, only vanilla blocks and opted-in blocks are movable, which means that most mod blocks (AM2 blocks included) will fail the check and will prevent anything from happening.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
It fails the transfer if it detects a block in the target area that isn't movable. By default, only vanilla blocks and opted-in blocks are movable, which means that most mod blocks (AM2 blocks included) will fail the check and will prevent anything from happening.
Ah ok, that seems doable. So I wonder what kind of uses you could get out of it, for that much stuff involved (quantum tunnels and such).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
would be hilarious if using this would actually quarry the whole area. you'd eat a whole world under an hour :p

Reactions: dwappo

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Guess what became standard to ban on servers now as well as tnt?

Hint it's in this forum thread :p

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
or something a bit more... hilarious. you could steal the chunks all around the base of a player, leaving them on a small isolated island :p
Or other satisfying changes such as switching the chunks for ones from their nether portal for instance, that's definitely on my to-do list for pranks