Half Life

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else old enough to remember 1998...

"Morning Mr Freeman, you better get going, they're waiting for you down in the lab."

Half Life 2 is also great but the thing about the original is the immense underground / overground sprawl of Black Mesa.

It's something also featured in Valves other triumph of a game.. Portal, and also Portal 2: cavernous, yet often claustrophobic underground systems. Hyper industrialised technologic rabbit warrens, which we just love to explore, and more than likely get lost in.

The great thing about Minecraft is you can create your own

if I had one i'd plop a lambda symbol down here right now, with FTW after it.

:p

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's what you call a public service.

Thanks guys I will defo check it out

Cheers
Swaff

D

Deleted member 188

Old enough? Umm..yeah I was in high school back in '98. While Half Life was quite a lot of fun, the thing I really enjoyed was the multiplayer. Either the multiplayer for just Half Life, which was enjoyable, or better yet Counter Strike or maybe Science and Industry. I Remember spending hours on those games back in the day. :)

JDG

Jul 29, 2019
Personally Half life is really fun to play as a single player game but the multiplayer never really 'hooked' me to say.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Something I have always thought about FPS games is their inability of most to truly immerse you into the story line (not the way cRPGs do). That's what did it for me on Half Life; the story line.

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019
HL2 really got me focused on the story, so did the new gravity gun and how it interacted with items and the world.
but what i liked more then everything else, was the puzzles, "don't step on the sand" mission is a good example.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Black Mesa is another item on my "games I really need to finish" list. What I've played so far was definitely awesome. And maybe the HL2 series is due for another play though. Though I've got plenty of time to do that in, since HL2 has been confirmed for release on 03/03/03.

(Millennium and century TBA)