Guild Wars 2

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Canotsa said:
adib said:
deal. We be spamming with a legit conversation.
*looks at 2 threads*
;D Well We were actually having a legit conversation in this thread. but kinda trolling in the other ;P

Yeah lets just stop.. Don't want a wild slowpoke to apear!
k...
#ee btw[/quote]

Yeah i saw that. I'm going to play GW2 now though[/quote]
good luck!

Canotsa

Jul 29, 2019
Joeaniator1 said:
why does guild wars have such big hype

Yogscast mainly.
Also its a "new" thing as there's no healer(support)/dps/tank.
every class can fulfill the role of their choice.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Joeaniator1 said:

Lots of reasons, many of which boil down to actually changing up the MMO formula rather than merely rehashing it. This is a marked difference, too, from something like SWTOR's hype, which was largely centered around the Star Wars IP, the BioWare KOTOR setting and BioWare name itself, and their emphasis on storytelling-based game play on top of a WoW-like engine (one of the BioWare founders basically even said that it'd be stupid to not copy WoW.... looks to many like it was, in the long run, stupid to just copy WoW and slap story on top, but to each his own).

There are pros and cons to GW2 just like there is anywhere, and it won't be a game for everybody. It's more action-oriented than your typical MMO, for one, and it consciously attacks and even ditches various quirks of MMO gameplay that have been perpetuated in the genre (like mob tagging, resource node competition, etc.). There are lots of reasons to get excited about it, even down to some really esoteric stuff (I'm certain few people get warm fuzzies thinking on how the weekly Tuesday downtime MMOs have been inflicting on us since SWG's overly convoluted game database required weekly weeding out and almost everybody else decided to follow suit is not something we'll have to deal with in GW2), but really the best thing to do is to read some of what folks have written around the internet about the game and draw your own conclusions.

The big test'll be what people are saying about the game in a month or so. That'll be very interesting to see.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Canotsa said:
Joeaniator1 said:

Yogscast mainly.
the yogscast part is total utter BS, its called guild wars 1 which was big anyways and not thanks to yogscast, they wish they had that fanbase.

Canotsa

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
Canotsa said:
Joeaniator1 said:

Yogscast mainly.
the yogscast part is total utter BS, its called guild wars 1 which was big anyways and not thanks to yogscast, they wish they had that fanbase.

The Yogscast did create some of the hype around the game because thats what they do.
But yes GW1 was a success and most people are going to transfer.
TotalBiscuit did also help with the hype. Along with a buck load of other Youtubers.

And does it even matter where the hype came from?
As long as GW2 is a success too then we should all be happy.
Also I don't think Yogscast want anymore angry "subs" yelling "MORE HERPKIT!!! WHERE'S SHADOW OF DERPSHRAFEL?!? UNSUBSCRIBE!"

Btw don't feel offended by this answer ;) I'm not trying to attack you in any way what so ever.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Yogscast mainly.
every class can fulfill the role of their choice.[/quote]
the yogscast part is total utter BS, its called guild wars 1 which was big anyways and not thanks to yogscast, they wish they had that fanbase.[/quote]

The Yogscast did create some of the hype around the game because thats what they do.
But yes GW1 was a success and most people are going to transfer.
TotalBiscuit did also help with the hype. Along with a buck load of other Youtubers.

And does it even matter where the hype came from?
As long as GW2 is a success too then we should all be happy.
Also I don't think Yogscast want anymore angry "subs" yelling "MORE HERPKIT!!! WHERE'S SHADOW OF DERPSHRAFEL?!? UNSUBSCRIBE!"

Btw don't feel offended by this answer ;) I'm not trying to attack you in any way what so ever.[/quote]
every youtuber or anyone who advertised it by anyway created sine hype

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Canotsa said:
adib said:
every youtuber or anyone who advertised it by anyway created sine hype

Well you could say that. ;)
well it kinda is true, and is my post count magicly going up or cant i just keep up with my posting?

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Canotsa said:
With 15 to Headstart Launch, I'm really exited.
Lets hope the game turns out good ;D
i guess i wont be seeing you for the next week or 2?