[Guide] How to run Infinity Evolved with 1.0GB RAM allocation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I've updated the Minecraft Forkage link to 1.6, which fixes the crash on startup with the newest version of the modpack.

I'm unable to get creosote oil out of the coke oven, whether i use a bucket, cans or ic2 cells. Works fine with default IE:E pack : ( .
Hmm. I bet that's the same issue that causes the NEI crash with squeezer recipes - which is that fluid containers somehow don't get registered. (I'd previously discounted that as a minor annoyance, but that's since I play multiplayer, and it doesn't actually affect gameplay when the server is running the normal pack.)

F

Flextt

Immbis, your method of the Forge Fork installer is user-friendly, but a lot of people use MultiMC, especially for their FTB installs. Can you switch the installer to a standard .jar format like Forge? This would make use in MultiMC incredible easy, since it would simply require a small change in the .json patcher of MultiMC.

Reactions: GreenZombie

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Updated Minecraft Forkage again - fixed the problems with fluid containers (causing problems getting creosote oil out of coke ovens, and causing some NEI recipe lookups to crash)

Bakakawaii

Jul 29, 2019
Updated Minecraft Forkage again - fixed the problems with fluid containers (causing problems getting creosote oil out of coke ovens, and causing some NEI recipe lookups to crash)

Seems to work fine now, thanks for the fix, and the continued updates!

S

Scottbert

I get this error:

[19:54:06] [AWT-EventQueue-0/INFO]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't handle cascading tweakers

Any idea what's up with this?

Edit: I was trying to use Optifine and liteloader with it, as well as Applecore and Betterfps. With all of them turned off, FTB Infinity ran in under 700 MB! Incredible!

Even without forge fork, using your hacks for hats and decorations dropped FTB Infinity from 2550-ish MB to 1220-ish, 1440-ish after several hours of letting it run in background with intermittent use. Very impressive!

Last edited:
V

vaan_

I m using mc forkage 1.7 and if i use tesseracts, my game will crush

B

Blasto

Will this work if used on a 1.8.9 modded client?

Otherwise, is there any fix I can do to make it work for 1.8.9? I have no experience in modding for java : /

J

JosEffigy

Having trouble downloading, it just stops progressing at any point randomly. and since there is no indicator for download speed or percentage completed, it is hard to tell. also it does not support reconnecting and it takes a long long time for it to say the connection timed out. can u fix installer for me?

J

JosEffigy

nevermind. tried it in a different time, download insanely faster than before.

C

CoolFreeze23

Can anyone figure out why doesn't this work with Universal Interdimensional Escape. I know this is meant for FTB Infinity but shouldn't it still work with other packs?

D

DanyGames2014

Is tehre any way to get forkage work with technic launcher ?

F

feduss

There any update? I would play direwolf20 (mc 1.10.2) with 2gb of ram :(

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Don't count on running any of the 1.10.2 packs with just 2GB. Mojang changed the way they did things and started using more memory as trade off for performance. So the packs perform better but you need more memory to run them.

H

Hikari Rikue

i followed the steps exactly ran the installer and created a new profile i went to run the game(no mods yet) and the launcher crashes everytime

Hakim567

Feb 27, 2020
hm need the updated jar but can't compile it anyone have the newer minecraft forkage? latest commit fixed maven