GTA FTB Heists

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
This was a really weird idea I had. A lot of people like playing Minecraft with some kind of story involved with it. So what if there were heists on your server? For instance, the goal is to assassinate the governor. There's an NPC village with a villager named the Governor. Outside the village are two guard towers. The first part of the heist would be to make a Tinker's Construct Sniper Rifle, a bow that can knock out a villager with one arrow. You'd have to take out the guards. Then by using morph, you would transform into a villager and perform the deed. Halls could be booby-trapped though with mob spawners activated by redstone signals (tripwires, obsidian invisible plates). Or even bee traps such as a room made of cobble and a corrosive bee to turn it into gravel so you fall. So my question to you guys is, what other cool heists or crimes could you reenact in FTB?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
And I'm just a bitter old man waving his stick at the kids that won't get off the lawn, don't mind me :confused:

I'm just not a fan of how this kind of post pops up on various forums everytime a new GTA or Assassin's Creed or whatever releases... "Wouldn't it be cool if we could be despicable people in this game, just like we can in that other game?" To me, that's not cool - rather, that's precisely the kind of message that I, as a gamer at heart, don't want other gamers to send. Because it gives those people who think they can blame videogames for their failures in child upbringing something to point to. A little bit of care with the wording goes a long way here.

Of course, there is a lot of fun that can be had in Minecraft with scripted events and storytelling. There's an entire adventure map making community devoted to it, and ever since vanilla Minecraft introduced command blocks (which continue to gain new capabilities in every vanilla update) and resource packs, their creations have gone from merely nicely designed maps to whole adenture games in themselves. It's very impressive what can be done.

Mods as a whole are still relatively underrepresented in the adventure map business, though. There's always the issue of the players downloading the map having to fiddle with modding. Maybe with the ease with which the new vanilla launcher lets people install mods nowadays will help with that.

As far as mechanics go, I'd love to see a gigantic redstone music puzzle with noteblocks and arcane ears (Thaumcraft).

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
As far as mechanics go, I'd love to see a gigantic redstone music puzzle with noteblocks and arcane ears (Thaumcraft).

I was actually thinking of using this as a 'password' for a secret base, kinda like the batcave in Nolan's Batman films :D

GTAVC16

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that this is a good Idea...
If you think that this may be good... learn Java and do it by yourself...
Allmost noone will make mods by request for free...

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Reactions: matpower123

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
Take a look here...
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1732877-ctm-the-ultimate-ctm-community-thread/

OBJECTION!
It has nothing to do with games/movies being violent, rather people/society passing the buck and blaming others for their own failings.
HOLD IT!
I was joking, and I know people blame games/movies/books for their mistakes, and that makes me really angry.
Example of pure stupidness:
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/s...mbie-slaying-game/V7PggNQKD0agzcAzC_wpHg.cspx
Disclaimer:I don't read that site, I found that link in another page.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
To people who are saying stuff about crime being portrayed as cool:

I suppose your right, but how about this:

Maybe you're a spy, taking down a criminal organisation? Does that help?[DOUBLEPOST=1382036253][/DOUBLEPOST]

He's not saying make a mod. He's saying would that be possible with current mods -_-

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not saying that this should be a mod. I'm saying for adventure map makers or for a group of friends playing on a server, the FTB modpacks provide so much good combat type stuff that you could make interesting scenarios out of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1382042125][/DOUBLEPOST]This thread changed into something I didn't want it to XD Forget I said anything guys

Reactions: PeggleFrank

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
HOLD IT!
I was joking, and I know people blame games/movies/books for their mistakes, and that makes me really angry.
Example of pure stupidness:
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/s...mbie-slaying-game/V7PggNQKD0agzcAzC_wpHg.cspx
Disclaimer:I don't read that site, I found that link in another page.
That article... Faith in Humanity lost. Yeah, Minecraft is of course such a violent game, all it's guns and zombie slaying and ALL THE VIOLENCE! There aren't even guns in minecraft, unless that kid got some mods, which I doubt he's clever enough to install.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
That article... Faith in Humanity lost. Yeah, Minecraft is of course such a violent game, all it's guns and zombie slaying and ALL THE VIOLENCE! There aren't even guns in minecraft, unless that kid got some mods, which I doubt he's clever enough to install.

Uh I know how to install mods thanks. But I hate gun mods anyway lmao.