Growing Biomes O Plenty Flora..Possible?

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly new to Biomes O Plenty, only had it on our server for a couple weeks now...

I seriously love it, and the flora it adds look incredible and are well done as far as their crafting uses...I'm mostly thinking of the dyes, but I'm very curious, is it possible to cultivate things like Blue Milk Caps and such?

I haven't dabbled in the Forestry mod at all but from what I've heard, I think that would be the one, but I'm curious if anyone knows any other ways.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly new to Biomes O Plenty, only had it on our server for a couple weeks now...

I seriously love it, and the flora it adds look incredible and are well done as far as their crafting uses...I'm mostly thinking of the dyes, but I'm very curious, is it possible to cultivate things like Blue Milk Caps and such?

I haven't dabbled in the Forestry mod at all but from what I've heard, I think that would be the one, but I'm curious if anyone knows any other ways.

you may be able to get them through a bonemeal method on grass (normal bonemeal, watering can, things like that)
but there's currently no way of actually breeding/cultivating Biome's o Plenty plants/trees

I do wish though someone would make a compatibility patch between Biome's o Plenty and Forestry, which would allow you to breed the Biome's o Plenty plants/trees through Forestry aswell

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
forestry was my one hope..i definitely agree with you, i love when mods interact well with each other, and that'd be no exception

i'd love to see grass, mushrooms, flowers, etc. replenish / regenerate after it rains or snows. maybe very occasionally, a sapling grows or something.

hmm, that sounds like a nice and easy mod, i've been meaning to find something i could add to these crazy mod packages that isn't already covered :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
forestry was my one hope..i definitely agree with you, i love when mods interact well with each other, and that'd be no exception

i'd love to see grass, mushrooms, flowers, etc. replenish / regenerate after it rains or snows. maybe very occasionally, a sapling grows or something.

hmm, that sounds like a nice and easy mod, i've been meaning to find something i could add to these crazy mod packages that isn't already covered :)

true, that would be very nice to see in a mod. sadly, I'm no good at coding at all, otherwise I'd have already coded it :(

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Deployer connected to skele farm spamming bonemeal on grass, then another machine silk touch harvesting it and putting it into a sorting system.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
I'm pretty sure that the Forestry config will let you add flowers to Forestry. Of course, this won't get you the flowers directly but a working Beehouse will eventually populate lots of flowers.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I know the watering can from Extra Utilities can cause BoP flowers and grass to spawn, I get them all the time when using it with my lumber axe to acquire obscene amounts of jungle wood.

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
thank you all for the advice.

i personally am going with the watering can, but a friend of mine is big into the forestry mod so im going to check out the config as well.

i also like your automated idea Enzyme :)

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
I know the watering can from Extra Utilities can cause BoP flowers and grass to spawn, I get them all the time when using it with my lumber axe to acquire obscene amounts of jungle wood.

i just re-read that, i always have tons of extra jungle wood on hand from rubber trees. you should start a farm of those, that way it's dual purpose! get dem rubber bars

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe, but I just get a kick out of raining jungle logs after chopping down a 2X2 jungle tree, and since IC2 is becoming Greglite and I no longer have a place for it in my world I don't really need rubber anymore, which come to think of it means I don't really have any use for MFR either.

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
just checked the CFG files, all of the IDs for BoP flowers are as follows..

1921:12
1921:13
1921:14

etc.

forestry calls for it in the following format: id=meta

so i'd enter: 1921:12="Bromeliad"
just want to confirm, its an unusual format.

sab0t

Jul 29, 2019
just to add anyone watching this thread that may have the same question..

it turns out bonemeal does definitely grow all sorts of mod plants. BoP flowers, Pam's HarvestCraft saplings and fruit/vegetable bushes, etc. I was under the impression it didn't spawn any mod plants as I had tried using 5 or so bonemeals awhile ago and got nothing but grass and a couple vanilla flowers, but I guess I was just super unlucky.

watering can also grows the same kinds of things. the trade off for it being super cheap to craft (4 stone and 1 bowl iirc) is that it seems to grow things much slower. cool particle effects though :D

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
Get some bees youll have tonnes of flowers, i set up a dye factory, bees on loop with pipes in apiaries, dispenser with bucket of water, hit a button everynow and then when the field of flowers is ripe and wash em all down into a hopper.

Or could raise/lower a patch of grass with pistons to dislodge them and grab em with vacuum hoppers from Open Blocks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
just to add anyone watching this thread that may have the same question..

it turns out bonemeal does definitely grow all sorts of mod plants. BoP flowers, Pam's HarvestCraft saplings and fruit/vegetable bushes, etc. I was under the impression it didn't spawn any mod plants as I had tried using 5 or so bonemeals awhile ago and got nothing but grass and a couple vanilla flowers, but I guess I was just super unlucky.

watering can also grows the same kinds of things. the trade off for it being super cheap to craft (4 stone and 1 bowl iirc) is that it seems to grow things much slower. cool particle effects though :D

it used to grow grass/flowers much faster, but obviously it got nerfed as it was quite unbalanced :p
a tip though, you can use autonomous activators with the watering can aswell. so build a few activators, supply them with watering cans and place dirt ontop of them (have them rotated upwards ofcourse) they'll then quickly spam the watering cans resulting in quick grass/flowers